(1) Worlds 2012 Masters Finals to be Streamed Live! [8/6]

One small step for the high-ups at TPCi, one huge leap of progress for the game. :)

Yay. I get to watch masters finals without having to go to Hawaii. Maybe I can pick up on some more strategies.

I hope they hire Pooka and Pram to do the commentary! Assuming they don't make the finals.

Ooooh, I think this will be sweet. A nice time to pick up on some winning strategies and blinding awesomeness.

Hopefully this will grow into streaming/recording finals at Nats or maybe even the ECC. I can't imagine them streaming something like Regionals since they'd have to stream every single one. It might also make it less likely that people can record games at some of the larger events. Even more then they did this season. :p

I wonder how the commentary will be? Will they use terms like "top deck" and such? Or will it just be really bland so even the non competitive players can understand? By the way, how much of the top cut is "The Finals"? The whole top cut, or just the final match? I'd like to at least see the Top 8.

EDIT: Wouldn't it be awesome if they got the commentator from the Pokemon Stadium games? I can see it now. Mewtwo attacks Darkrai, "Oh, that didn't do much" XD

*CoughRamseyfromEBGAmeselborneforcommentryCough*
This is a great step, now I'll be able to watch more matches :)

Machamp the Champion said:
I wonder how the commentary will be? Will they use terms like "top deck" and such? Or will it just be really bland so even the non competitive players can understand? By the way, how much of the top cut is "The Finals"? The whole top cut, or just the final match? I'd like to at least see the Top 8.

You really can't stream all of the top 8 though, since 4 games in the top 8 go on at the same time to move onto the top 4, which both also happen at the same time, you'd be short 4 rounds of People playing.

cf11 said:
I hope they hire Pooka and Pram to do the commentary! Assuming they don't make the finals.

While I wish they would do that, I have a bad feeling it won't happen. If there will be a commentator, it is most likely going to be that same guy who comments on the video game finals at nationals-worlds (he also commented at the TCG Finals in last year's worlds, but he spoke softer compared to his flat out energetic screaming at the VGC Finals).

Going onto topic, I think this is a fantastic idea from Pokemon. Looks like they really did look at the success of The Top Cut and thought, "Why not. Let's do this for worlds!" This is quite a huge leap. Now, I'm hoping they'll do the same with next year's nationals finals. Heck, for world's next year, I'm hoping that maybe they'll stream even more matches aside from the final (preferably matches from all of top 4, top 8, and top 16 (maybe top 32 if there is one), but the only problem here would be money, as I'm sure it will be pretty expensive to buy multiple cameras).

This is a very good direction for pokemon to go. Even though I will be there this is awesome for the players that are not.

Typhlosionwolf said:
I'm curious as to how the commentary's gonna be like. [/color]

It would seem to me like the commentary will be the MC literally reading the attack names and saying what they do. Then there will be something completely expected such as: " It's not looking good for (Name.)"

This probably won't matter to me because i will be flying home that day provided i don't top cut (which is very, very likely indeed.)

blargh257 said:
It would seem to me like the commentary will be the MC literally reading the attack names and saying what they do. Then there will be something completely expected such as: " It's not looking good for (Name.)"

This probably won't matter to me because i will be flying home that day provided i don't top cut (which is very, very likely indeed.)

Ha ha. Well I would hope that they'd be at least a tad bit more in depth than that. xD I hope they get commentators that at least know a lot about the game. It'd suck if it were just like random people. :/ 

And nooo! Have confidence I tell ya! I'm sure you'll do great! :D

Project_Fedora said:
You really can't stream all of the top 8 though, since 4 games in the top 8 go on at the same time to move onto the top 4, which both also happen at the same time, you'd be short 4 rounds of People playing.

They didn't say that there's only one being recorded/streamed. Top 4 would be better than Final imo but top 8 would be nice too.

Back