(2) Meloetta Distribution, 'CoroCoro' Leaks, New BW2 and Keldeo Distribution Details [3/12]

RE: (1) 'CoroCoro' Leaks, New BW2 and Keldeo Distribution Details [3/12]

They're more like beams of energy.

Note how they connect from the 4 circles on the generators to the 4 lightbulbs on the icy shoulder parts of each one.

I really have a hard time figuring out what they'll do with Electric/Fire types without screwing it up...

Being a Dragon is part of the core concept and important for the story (not to mention it gives some legendary resistances)
and regardless of forme, it's still covered in physical actual Ice....

My best guess would be the Ice type will alternate every other round to Electric/Fire or something along those lines at most.

back to the red/blue beams of energy.. they look awesome. The circles on the tails now have a reason to exist and finally the "lightbulbs" have a use!

DNA huh (and sure, the beams do have that Mewtwo, Deoxys vibe from being curved) ... I heard about that villanious team that created a creature called Genesect via genetic manipulation of some crappy bug fossil DNA. :B
Hmmmm now why would Ghetsis still want N to wake a dragon after he found out he cannot command it himself... to get some DNA samples and make a fake generator perhaps?.. who knows xD

RE: (1) 'CoroCoro' Leaks, New BW2 and Keldeo Distribution Details [3/12]

I'm going to be honest here, I was probably going to buy one the games even if there weren't too many updates to the story - I enjoy support the Pokemon franchise and I undoubtedly would have enjoyed having an extra save to do whatever I wanted with along with the extra features. However, now that it's pretty much confirmed that there will be a different story to follow, I'm extremely excited for it.

I thought that the job they did with the story in B&W was beautifully done. Red/Blue and Gold/Silver had decently powerful stories, even though I was young I could tell that the characters had a bit of thought put into them and the overall feel was solid. I feel that Ruby / Sapphire and Diamond / Pearl didn't have as much love in the story department, and overall the games didn't feel as coherent as the first, second, and fifth generations. I'm really happy that they're taking the storytelling up a notch - it makes me appreciate Pokemon that much more now that I'm an adult, and most if not all of the kids I talk to don't care so much for the story in any of the games in the first place!

Well that's good, we weren't hallucinating when we saw the Meloetta news last month:
http://pokebeach.com/2012/03/meloetta-re-confirmed-for-download-at-15th-pokemon-movie-screenings

Off topic: See this is what I don't get, Red and Blue barely had a story and I don't know how people can say it had a decent story. You're pretty much just collecting the badges and to stop Team Rocket a couple of times. That's it, it just didn't have any depth, and tbh, I think it has the worst story out of all the generations. Also, I personally think R/S/E had one of the best stories, so I guess it's all a matter of opinion. But I will say that B/W had the best story, hands down.

On topic: Oh man, those box arts.....I think I might frame them.

Wow, those new artworks of White and Black Kyurem look really cool! The poses look stunning and those 'tubes' don't look too bad either (somehow those reminded me a bit of Mewtwo), I also especially like the wing fading up to red on White Kyurem.
I'm getting more and more excited for these games, and I'm curious to know more of the story it will have.

Really awesome box arts... The detail of the tubes is really interesting. The icy spikes grow into tubes and attach to the tails, almost like drawing power from them... but now, I don't if they really will maintain the dragon/ice typing. I still think it will, they always mention the word "dragon" when talking about the tao trio and the formes still have ice like Mitja said. Plus, Freeze Shock and Ice Burn are ice-type moves.

Also

I think its freaking ingenious how they managed to pull it off colour-wise so well again.
With the main games being black & white, and instead of a boring grey they gained lightning blue and fiery orange tones.

And its really about time they make some covers of secondary colours ala green purple orange... gen VI plz

I didn't think it was possible, but now I am even more excited for BW2. :)

And I'm so happy those lightbulb-looking things on Kyurem actually have a use! With the added red/blue and the energy beams/tubes hooked up to the bulb-things, these for are looking a lot better. And the cover art for the games? Awesome.

I am getting so pumped up for fall... I almost want summer to go by fast for once. :p

So Black and White Kyurem can have tubes that connect their pauldron-bulbs to the circles on their generator-tails, literally using the lightbulbs to fuel the generators and activate their power, or vice versa? To make it such a key element to their design that's so important (enough to warrant Sugimori's art being updated with the tubes and activated generators)... It'll be interesting to see the significance and how it's pulled off in-game.

And as others have said, the box art for the games looks simply amazing. Like all other third intsallment games they get special Sugimori artwork and he never disappoints. I simply cannot wait to have high resolution versions of the artwork.

scuba steveE said:
Off topic: See this is what I don't get, Red and Blue barely had a story and I don't know how people can say it had a decent story. You're pretty much just collecting the badges and to stop Team Rocket a couple of times. That's it, it just didn't have any depth, and tbh, I think it has the worst story out of all the generations. Also, I personally think R/S/E had one of the best stories, so I guess it's all a matter of opinion. But I will say that B/W had the best story, hands down.

It's the simplicity of it that gets to me. That, along with it not flopping around as much as Gens 3 & 4 (at least to me), makes it a strong experience. Since the characters are far more realistic / memorable (I can NOT remember most of the characters in Gen 3), it leaves it up to the player to weave in their imagination into the gaps. The pacing is not bad either!

But, that's just me~! It's all good in my book, really. I'm still super pumped for the Gen 3 remakes, and I'll probably fall in love with the generation when I revisit it for the first time in a long while.

I got white so I'm not sure whether to get black two or white two. What do you think and what will you be getting?

On topic again and these
Just look amazing.

I think the story will be even more compelling than the original bw. And I have no idea what they are going to do with Kyurem?

Dragon Pokémon said:
The new forms are getting better and better! I'm surprised the Sugimori art won't be used for the boxart.

Nah, I think it's still Sugimori Art, but in a different pose. (Kinda like Ho-Oh and Lugia for HGSS)

This box art... This is awesome. Sheesh, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO LONG!? (By The Way, The Japanese Release Is 83 Days Away From When This Was Posted. :p) Usually, the Box Art SAYS ALL. :p Eeeep! XD *Chants "I'M READY!!!" from SpongeBob SquarePants. =D*

Mudkip4321 said:
Nah, I think it's still Sugimori Art, but in a different pose. (Kinda like Ho-Oh and Lugia for HGSS)

This box art... This is awesome. Sheesh, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO LONG!? (By The Way, The Japanese Release Is 83 Days Away From When This Was Posted. :p) Usually, the Box Art SAYS ALL. :p Eeeep! XD *Chants "I'M READY!!!" from SpongeBob SquarePants. =D*
I meant the original Sugimori art for the Pokemon (The original art released with the first reveal of the games is still unused)
The Keldeo event on Youtube isn't all that interesting.
I.....want....more....information....

The Black Kyurem tubes look like fake Groudon's from Movie 6.

But different game stories. That's what I want to hear. Hope it isn't a minor change, heh.

scuba steveE said:

I agree with you. I think Diamond had a great story. But B/W was amazing. Also, the box art looks soooooo boss!

Back