dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
Am I right in thinking then we've got a potential Brilliant Stars Normal card list of 135 (Star Birth + 35 new cards from Start Deck 100) and then the 27+ SRs here, 8 from SD100, and then 30-ish Character Secret Rares from Vmax Climax?
No. The card count for Brilliant Stars was released months ago. It's 172 cards before secret rares.

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
Special Art Charizard V. Rainbow Rare Charizard VSTAR. Gold Arceus VSTAR. Special Art Arceus V. Full Art Cynthia.

Life support for your finances was never an option.

ArceusTrainer

Arceus Collector
That golden Arceus and alt art! Where is my wallet!?
I also wish they would make a homage to the original Arceus set by having different types of Arceus, missed opportunity with dragon and fairy Arceus.

Last edited:

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
That golden Arceus and alt art! Where is my wallet!?
I also wish they would make a homage to the original Arceus set by having different types of Arceus, missed opportunity with dragon and fairy Arceus.

I agree it really is unfortunate about Fairy, when they could've easily made a Fairy-type baby Arceus in Cosmic Eclipse or even as a promo :/ I mean at least we technically got Dragon-type with ADP, but it would've been great to see one in this set too

Nirvanna21

Mew.
I like the zard and lumineon (the former because it's the closests equivalent we will get of the GX card involving those 2 mons). Also equally disappointed by the lack of Flygon alt art. :(

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Oh FFS, I thought we were done with Rainbow Supporters... no one likes them, why don't you get it, TPCi? 99% of the japanese tournament decklists that are posted online don't use the rainbow supporters! They are cheaper than FA supporters despite arguably being rarer! They look like crap scanned and in pictures too. I get the Pokemon having rainbow arts because it's tradition, but rainbow supporters are the worst cards in the SwSh era.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
Oh FFS, I thought we were done with Rainbow Supporters... no one likes them, why don't you get it, TPCi? 99% of the japanese tournament decklists that are posted online don't use the rainbow supporters! They are cheaper than FA supporters despite arguably being rarer! They look like crap scanned and in pictures too. I get the Pokemon having rainbow arts because it's tradition, but rainbow supporters are the worst cards in the SwSh era.

I wonder what next generation's full arts will look like.

Did people really like SM era monochrome full arts and rainbows?

They look quite boring/awful with the mostly 5ban pose doing it no favours either and yet they carried on over to SWSH.

At least the background now has variation, but still, most of them don't look great either. Just take a look at this set, Flygon, Honchkrow and Raichu are really boring. Whimsicott and Arceus are ones that look decent enough.

coolcorsola

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder what next generation's full arts will look like.

Did people really like SM era monochrome full arts and rainbows?

They look quite boring/awful with the mostly 5ban pose doing it no favours either and yet they carried on over to SWSH.

At least the background now has variation, but still, most of them don't look great either. Just take a look at this set, Flygon, Honchkrow and Raichu are really boring. Whimsicott and Arceus are ones that look decent enough.
I think almost of them full arts do look nice! There are of course some that are a miss. But for the most part I do tend to like those. SM era was the worst with the solid colors, though. XY was probably the best, because the backgrounds were usually fancier and the poses were better. But SwSh era is doing fine with them. The rainbow cards though, especially the rainbow supporters need to stop 🤮

Adman2099

Aspiring Trainer
Nice to see w=everyone hating on Rainbow cards.
They take up too much space in our already inflated card sets since we basically get 2 sets mashed together and just don't look good at all. The intern just takes the gradient tool to the art work and calls it a day.

profesor_reglero

Aspiring Trainer
I was expecting way more for Arceus V alternate art. I really like Lumineon V and Honchkrow V alternate ones. Zig seems a promising illustrator.

Regarding this set, I understand that every VSTAR card won't acquire alternate version. On the one hand my credit card like this... But in the other hand, and in my opinion, alternate arts added artistic and economic value to the last sets.

I'm also tired of more 5ban Graphics art. Why couldn't FA basic cards have a great artwork? I mean, baby shinies were illustrated by different artists and they have so much charisma, everyone has a different style except for the background.