(4) BW Promos, BW Presales, BW Guide, BW Localizations [2/1]

Seven hundred and sixty thousand preorders and counting.
Holy cheese.

The 2 cards look pretty cool. I like their art and also their attacks. They are great new additions for the cards this year. Does Nintendo still make players guides for the games? I am asking because I never see anything about their players guides anymore so was just curious. Thanks.:)

The Collector's Edition Guide looks interesting, but I don't want to buy a guide that's missing three Pokémon just because Gamefreak wants to keep them hidden. (And I can't stand it when they call the guides missing the hidden Legendaries "Complete".)

I may end up getting it if it looks nice enough inside, but judging from past guides I don't think it will be.

That Collector's Edition looks amazing. I usually pick up the guides, but Idk this time if I'll have enough money.

I'm glad to see the preorder amounts so high! I contributed two of that number as well so go me...I guess. XD

Those names are alright. I don't have much of a problem with them. Cress does sound a lot like Cresselia and Chili makes me hungry though lol.

dmaster out.

Pokemon's not dead "yet' it has a pretty good chance of dying after this 5th Gen, considering the atrocious and downright idiotic Pokemon Designs as well as the vomit-inducing english names...

The only reason Pokemon lasted into this year with the mainstream is all because of Heart Gold and Soul Silver, that brought back a lot of the old school gamers who fell in love with G?S but gave up on Pokemon afterwards.

If it wasn't for HGSS, Pokemon would have easily been dead by now....

BTW when i say dead, i mean Dead n the US, cause i know it will never go away in Japan...but Pokemon has been close to going extinct as far as US sales are concerned

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAHHHAAAAAAAAAAno.

Do you even realise that the closest rival to B/W in terms of Pre-orders was at 250 thousand compared to B/W's near 800 thousand? B/W TOWERS EVERYTHING currently waiting to be released so far. If that were true B/W wouldn't have sold too much compared to the other games, since the others on that list may have more reason to be better than B/W.

And as for HG/SS, it was a FAILURE compared to Platinum in terms of places to train. In fact if Platinum didn't have the extended save time problems HG/SS would've been completely inferior to Platinum, which because of that, is the only reason I even bother with HG/SS to this day. B/W doesn't seem to have this problem and offers a more modern game with a better storyline, so of course B/W's going to be FAR more successful than HG/SS. I think you should think of more than just Pokemon and english names (They're actually pretty clever when you actually try to memorize them).

Besides, does anyone even KNOW how Pokemon are designed? Everybody believes a Pokemon is meant to be simple. BUT, according to an interview for Rubvy and Sapphire, a Pokemon is essentially some kind of object or animal given a special characteristic to make it into a Pokemon. For instance, taking an insect and making it metal such as Scizor.

Along that vein, there's actually a pretty fascinating series of articles on Bulbapedia called "On the Origin of Species." It takes specific pokémon and talks about their inspirations, from real-life creatures to old myths and customs. My favourite is the article on Bronzor and Bronzong, because I love Asian ghost stories.

I hope they release the cards printed b/c that Druddigon(colorless) is a monster and could actually hurt LuxChomp b/c l-chomp has no way to OHKO it easily :)

There's no point on arguing with him anyways...He doesn't care,and isn't a real Pokémon fan anyways. (Ok,maybe this is offensive for you,but it IS true)

So well,when I saw Chili...I kinda got like a urge to go buy Spicy Chips.Well,it was so long since I ate Spicy Chips,sooo...

SEE THE FREAKING RESULTS?40/40 Score on some page(Don't remember the name),more than 1 million pre-orders in Japan,more than 2 million copies sold in Japan,all these pre-orders in America(Not only in USA...I think lol XD) and our good reviews...It is certainly NOT dying.And I agree with what Shiramu Kuromu said,BW is waaaaaaaay better than HG/SS in some terms...So,in YO face! >:p

Back