40+ International “Surging Sparks” Cards Revealed!

Please let the SIR be Durant. It will probably be Scovillain though, it is Gen 9 after all. But this is Durant’s first two-prize card and first hit card, period, and it came out in Gen 5. Scovillain already has two ex cards and an IR. Also Durant is my favorite Pokemon lol

Please let the SIR be Durant. It will probably be Scovillain though, it is Gen 9 after all. But this is Durant’s first two-prize card and first hit card, period, and it came out in Gen 5. Scovillain already has two ex cards and an IR. Also Durant is my favorite Pokemon lol
Honestly, I'm not a Durant fan but a Durant art would be cool asf if they do it right

Has anyone else noticed that they use a different font for hte Pokemon name on ex Cards? I've felt that way for a while but looking at it right now it's pretty clear.

Has anyone else noticed that they use a different font for hte Pokemon name on ex Cards? I've felt that way for a while but looking at it right now it's pretty clear.
They're the exact same. Compare the "C" and "e" in Charcadet and Ceruledge ex, for example. They're very clearly identical.

They're the exact same. Compare the "C" and "e" in Charcadet and Ceruledge ex, for example. They're very clearly identical.
It's not between exs and non-exs like they said, but there is a font difference between some cards. It seems like it varies between language, and the individual set? Eng. Surging Sparks uses the same font as Eng. Shrouded Fable, but a different one than Eng. Stellar Crown. Look at the "S" at the beginning of each Pokémon's name

sv6pt5-11_hiresopt.jpgsv7-24_hiresopt.jpg209-Skarmory.jpg078-Uxie.jpg

Last edited:
It's not between exs and non-exs like they said, but there is a font difference between some cards. It seems like it varies between language, and the individual set? Eng. Surging Sparks uses the same font as Eng. Shrouded Fable, but a different one than Eng. Stellar Crown. Look at the "S" at the beginning of each Pokémon's name. Bizzare

View attachment 19975View attachment 19976View attachment 19977View attachment 19978
I think the ones with the fat-in-the-center S are preliminary images. That same Seadra has a "normal" S on Pkmncards.com and PTCGL:
sv6-5_en_011_std.jpg

(Some cards with the other font do slip through the cracks, like Skarmory TWM 119, but the version that actually went to print is correct, judging by Ebay listings.)

Last edited:
It just
It just looks different from the Gill Sans 80% I'm used to and it's hard to figure out when they changed it. But the S in Sylveon and Uxie look different.

Last edited:
There's been a crazy amount of eevee's since obsidian flames. Only Temporal Forces, Paldean Fates, and Paradox Rift didn't have one. OBF, 151, TWM, SFA, SCR, and now Surging Sparks. Works for me

Back