BW/BW2 5th Gen = A completely new part of the pokemon world

LeafeonMaster601

Aspiring Trainer
I'm beginning to think that this region in the pokemon world is going to be completely cut off from the others, and in an area where the people are familiar with a completely different world of pokemon

- The region is said to be far away from all of the others
- The people's personalities seem so different
- All of our battle scenes have only shown battles with new pokemon, no old ones
- No pre-evolutions or evolutions yet (yes there is the possible drowzee pre-evo, but maybe he's a pokemon that similar and native only to this area)

What are your thoughts?

i think it will be more generations of this faraway area,then generations of a connecting area,then GF will make a huge game with all the generations in it,and that will be the end of pokemon forever

Hmm, yeah I see what you are saying
Maybe at the end of the game faraway Pokemon will start to arrive like in the previous gens

LeafeonMaster601 said:
- All of our battle scenes have only shown battles with new pokemon, no old ones

They've shown battles with Raikou, Entei, and Suicune, but I suppose that doesn't count since I guess it's just Zoroark making itself look like them because of the traded-over event beasts. (And it only changes into a different one than the one you traded over for some Type advantage gimmic.) So other than that, yeah.

Anyway, I feel they haven't shown any Pokémon from previous generations because they want to spam us with images of the fifth generation Pokémon for as long as possible (so the wild encounter Pokémon feel "new and refreshing"), and because I guess they're not too fond of showing us the new sprites for old Pokémon.

Though perhaps you're right, and the region is completely sealed off from the rest of the world, creating a land filled with Pokémon that only appear there. I guess only time will tell.

The Orre Region was the furthest away From Kanto,Jhoto,Hoenn,Sinnoh on the other side of the Pokeworld it was not part of the National of Pokemon.Those 4 are based on parts of Japan and Orre is not yet it had pokemon from Gen 1-3

You know what would be a new part of The Pokemon World
North and South America Lt.Surge is American and Mew is from Guyana South America so it is proven that those theoretically exist in the pokemon world yet mew is in the Kanto Pokedex and LT.Surge Pikachu protected him in a War in America so even those places have older generation pokemon

LeafeonMaster601 said:
- No pre-evolutions or evolutions yet (yes there is the possible drowzee pre-evo, but maybe he's a pokemon that similar and native only to this area)

Hopefully, there won't be any!

I don't really like them.

I wish for a completely new pokemon lines.

shinyshadow said:
i think it will be more generations of this faraway area,then generations of a connecting area,then GF will make a huge game with all the generations in it,and that will be the end of pokemon forever

epic, epic, epic idea. i have been thinking something like that for years now, but you just made it like 3,000 times better with the world's 2 sides and the connecting areas. the only thing is that i dont think there would be enough space on one game cartridge:)

i bet it will just be on a straight up diff planet and you'll have to teleport to get to hoen and all them (teleporters in poke center)

LeafeonMaster601 said:
(yes there is the possible drowzee pre-evo, but maybe he's a pokemon that similar and native only to this area)

Offtopic: Actually, Munna isn't a possible Drowzee pre-evo, he was confirmed to be a pre-evo of another new Pokemon.

Ontopic: I think there will be old Pokemon appearing because it wouldn't be Pokemon with no old Pokemon and Diamond and Pearl also showed battle screens with no new Pokemon, and stated it was far away from the other regions.

hmm, sounds deductible. I agree.

Even just for trading your old pokes, you need to use Time-machine(makes a comeback from GSC). This too justifies it a separate, or yet,

a century later than the past regions/games.

The anime doesn't take this into consideration though, the generic pokemon anime loophole.

If this game isn't backwards compatible with Pokemon from other past regions, then Game Freak can go screw themselves. It would be a slap in the face to players who still want to battle with their Gen IV Pokemon when they find out that they can't.

I hope it doesn't end up like that and I can already see alot of angry fans filing lawsuits against Nintendo for not making Black & White compatible with Pokemon from previous Generations. Making Isshu exclusive to itself only will only hurt the Pokemon franchise itself not help it.

First Pokemon games with no National Pokedex? I find that odd when an evolution for Tauros was already confirmed. Celebi, Raikou, Entei, and Suicune were even in Black & White so that must mean that the games aren't Isshu exclusive.

I can see people going, Yeah I'd rather play HeartGold/SoulSilver than Black/White cause of the nostalgia factor HGSS has.

LeafeonMaster601 said:
I'm beginning to think that this region in the pokemon world is going to be completely cut off from the others, and in an area where the people are familiar with a completely different world of pokemon

- The region is said to be far away from all of the others
- The people's personalities seem so different

What are your thoughts?

Your theory is serverely flawed.

1. Hoenn was said to be far away from the other regions. Still old pokemon can be found in RSE.
2.How? Have you played the game already? We haven't seen one video of the characters intereacting to even get a glimpse at their personalities.
3. Why would they show old pokemon in battles? It is a new region, showing new pokemon makes the fans more interested. Why show the same old stuff if you are trying to advertise your new game?
4.Pre-evo.'s and evo's do not have to be the pre-released pokemon. Besides it is more worthwhile to show completely new pokemon, with no ties to the past generations. And about Munna being an pre-evolution to Drowzee... No, just no. It has already been shown it has an evolution for its own.

Card Slinger J said:
I hope it doesn't end up like that and I can already see alot of angry fans filing lawsuits against Nintendo for not making Black & White compatible with Pokemon from previous Generations.

off topic:they wouldn't win the lawsuite

SQUIRTLETamer08 said:
Your theory is serverely flawed.

1. Hoenn was said to be far away from the other regions. Still old pokemon can be found in RSE.
2.How? Have you played the game already? We haven't seen one video of the characters intereacting to even get a glimpse at their personalities.
3. Why would they show old pokemon in battles? It is a new region, showing new pokemon makes the fans more interested. Why show the same old stuff if you are trying to advertise your new game?
4.Pre-evo.'s and evo's do not have to be the pre-released pokemon. Besides it is more worthwhile to show completely new pokemon, with no ties to the past generations. And about Munna being an pre-evolution to Drowzee... No, just no. It has already been shown it has an evolution for its own.

on topic:you were correct in your points except number 2 (there are beta testers mate) and hoenn was supposed to be far away not far away and later in time.

1its already confirmed to be farther away from the other regions and supposedly the routes start all over again with route 1.
2 i dont see any reason not to expect pokemon from previous generations.
3 i expect a new national pokedex
i was right about a new dex

Honestly, I thought it wouldn't be farther away than Hoenn and Sinnoh, which were just disconnected.

This, however, is far enough away to have its own Route 1. I think that the 150 pokemon rumor may hold some water, giving us a whole new experience like Red/Blue/Green/Yellow did.

im thinking it will end up more like 171 with all the rares added (that haven't been talked about yet) and if it's starting with a new route one we prob once seen any old ones till after completion of the game.

Back