• WYFERN

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bacon

!!!!!
Let's... Get... MOVING

You may vote for up to three people in the poll. If you vote 4 or more, I'll just discount all of your nominations. The artists themselves are free to vote, even for their own work.

Click the pictures to see more about the Fakemon, including things like names, dex entries and supporting material.

This poll will be up until July 3rd, so you have about a week to make your choices!

ALSO! Round 3 will be for a Ice/Fighting type.

Good luck in the polls guys!

MOSSDRA

FLOTUS

DRACOWELT

DRAGNEGOAK

SILVAGOON

LIZEED

TORTROPUS

PETRIARCH

LORALON

WYFERN

I actually like Xous's more, because Petriarch doesn't look like a Pokémon.

Too bad I remain so far behind...

SinRaven said:
I actually like Xous's more, because Petriarch doesn't look like a Pokémon.

drawing in a specific art style shouldn't be a requirement of a FANart competition... but i figured that was what it would come down to. whatever.

^I don't think they are talking about style, I think they mean that Dragnegoak looks like it could actually be in a game. Short: I think they are referring to the design, not the style.

esperante said:
drawing in a specific art style shouldn't be a requirement of a FANart competition... but i figured that was what it would come down to. whatever.
ditto.gif

i agree, i dont think it matters what style its drawn, or how much it looks like an actual pokemon but the amount of creativity and quality of the entry. Thanks lordy jones for voting for mine :)

If it's only about the creativity and quality, then this should be an art[/] contest. This isn't just an art contest, this is a fakemon contest. Then the entries need to be like Pokémon. Patriarch doesn't look Pokémon-y to me.

It's like entering a bird in a dog contest; They are both animals, but a bird just isn't a dog.

good point, but most of them dont, no offense to all of you who spent all their time and entered this contest. Even my wyfern doesn't, dragnegoak is one of the only one's that actually looks like a pokemon, but everyone else shouldn't be penalized if their's doesn't.

SinRaven said:
If it's only about the creativity and quality, then this should be an art[/] contest. This isn't just an art contest, this is a fakemon contest. Then the entries need to be like Pokémon. Patriarch doesn't look Pokémon-y to me.

It's like entering a bird in a dog contest; They are both animals, but a bird just isn't a dog.

Creativity and quality are exactly what this contest is about. If someone submitted a picture of a pikachu, it would look the most like a real pokemon, but I can assure it would not win. I'd still like to see ours drawn in Sugimori-style and dragnegoak drawn much less skillfully than it is and see which one you think looks more "pokemon-y" then. By the way remember this is FAKEmon contest. I'm not even going to critique your analogy-making skills...

Toille12345, I actually thought yours looked the most like a real pokemon. Love the name too.

Lordy Jones, just for that, next round you get a vote from me no matter what you submit. :)

LORDY JONES said:
god, hatedisc is my hero.

anyhoo, I voted for mossdra (I'm pretty cool), wyfern, and tortropus.
:]
I just like my tropius evo compared to the others. I think it fit the DRAGON part best, but they all would be good evos.

oh thanks hatedisc, and i like the name of mine too, it took me a couple days to figure out the name, THANKS! :)

"Looking" like a Pokemon is a bad criteria for casting your vote. I'm sure we are all aware of how wildly the style of Pokemon designs change with each passing generation. There is no fixed definition of just what a Pokemon should look like.

One day left for the votes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back