Ruling Absol Ex

George2FRESH

Haters.
Can you use Absol Ex's effect each turn? Since it says "Once during your turn".. or can you only use it when you put him on your bench?

Psychic Pokemon Master said:
You can keep on using the power if you can return Absol ex back to your hand...
No you can't, cause it says once per turn. You've used your once per turn if you have already done it once. Taking Absol back to your hand does not take the already used power away.
If you could, it would be the same if you had three Absols in your hand and kept putting them on your bench. It would be so broken if it worked that way. That's why there is a restriction of only one such power per turn.

^No, I think that's not true Mewstor. I think it works like this. You can use the power of Absol #1 only when you put it on the bench. You can scoop it up and put it on the next turn on the bench, if you'd like. But in the same first turn, you can also play Absol #2-4 and use his exact same power. If that wasn't the case, the card would say "you can only use 1 "absols Pokepower's name" every turn." But since it doesn't, you can play 4 Absols a turn and move 12 damage counters. Just hope you flip all your SSUs heads xP

92.jpg

(Credit to: WPM for the scan)
Lets have a close look @ the card.
It states:
Once during your turn, when ypu put Absol ex from YOUR hand onto YOUR bench.

So, I'd say that you can only use it ONCE, then Briney. Scoop Up, Super Scoop up etc. in order to keep on useing it.

Actaullly, i think you can only use it once, as they know you can't bench the same absol twice (without card effect). So the "once during your turn" means exactly that. You can only use the power of that absol 1 each turn. And you can't Briney an ex :p

It is once per turn even if you take it back to your hand. It is one Cursed Eyes per turn, no matter how many Absol EXs you have in your hand or take back from the bench.

Now that is incorrect, as no where on the card does it say "you can't use more then 1 Cursed Eyes per turn." So if you have 3 Absol ex, and you bench the 3, you can use 3 Cursed Eyes.

I'm starting to doubt myself... Hmmm... I need a defenate answer and we shall have it :) I still say it's once per turn.

OLD_SCHOOL_PLAYER said:
omg noobz, you can only use it once during your turn when you play it from your hand.

That's what I (and couple others) keep saying :/ We'll have a final answer soon with proof. I'll post it as soon as I get the answer.

Edit: And then you could take it back and use it again. No... I don't think so. Like MotSK says couple posts down. It's still only once, even if you take it back.

What do you mean the "final" answer the flippin final answer is that you can use it ONCE when you play it from your hand, just like eeveelutions, then when u play it, that same turn you can SSU it to your hand and play it again!

If you SSU a pidgeot FR/LG can you use its power again? No, same thing for absol, but you can only use his power at a certain point in the game.

P.S. your PM box is full.

Okey... The card is officially broken. You can take it back or play a new one from your hand and use the power again on the same turn. Good reason to have 3-4 of them in a deck that does massive damage, then just move the counters around to take out basic pokemon or already injured EX's. The once per turn text is kinda confusing :/ Got me fooled good. Well... Now I know.

Back