• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Absol G X/Garchomp C X possible Senior BRs or cities

Matryoshka

Hi, I'm a scrub
Pokemon (20):

2-1 Absol G X
2-1 Garchomp C X
1-1 Honchkrow SV
1 Lucario GL
1 Bronzong G
2 Crobat G
1 Promocroak
1 Ambipom G/Dragonite FB
2-1 Uxie X
1 Azelf LA

T/S/S (29):

4 Power Spray
4 Poketurn
3 Energy Gain
4 Conspiracy
1 Bebe's
2 SP Radar
1 Aaron's
1 Lux Ball
2 Collector
2 Energy Exchanger
2 Initiative
2 Judge
1 Palmer's

Energy (11):

4 Special Dark
4 DCE
1 Psychic
2 Basic Dark

Strategy:

Set up and disrupt using Sprays, Judge, Initiative, and Darkness send. Absol G and Garchomp C do great ammounts of damage so the deck doesn't fully rely on disruption.

It's mainly a Sablock deck, but instead of Sableye I am using Absol G.

The reason I like Absol better than Sableye is because of Overeager. Overeager makes most decks easily able to donk sableye, rather them he donk them. If he doesn't have a special dark and possibly a belt and a bat or two, and he's your only pokemon, it's very easy for them to win.

If you've noticed, most 60 for one decks cannot win on the first turn unless they hit weakness. Absol also provides a nice game for late game as well as early, with 40 more HP.

The only problem about this deck without sableye is speed. Sableye almost guaranteed setup easily, or early disruption, while Judge and Cyrus can't be easily used unless Conspiracy'd.

Another reason why I run Absol is because Sableye's played to much in a deck like this. 'Nuff said.

-1 gain for a second absol G X
-1 something else, IDK for another garchomp C X
IMO you need 2-2

Here is how I would do it Tyranniking

-1 E-gain (you do not really need four)
+1 Absol G (you typically want to start with Absol G)

So it's a gain for an Absol G or a Gain for an Absol G X...An Absol start isn't needed, I'd rather see a Chomp start. I coud tech in Sableye for a start, but it's still really frail and risky. I'd rather have 2-2 for both.

I could take out an Initiative for another X. I took out a judge for a Palmer's btw.

Does anyone know if I should use Dragonite or Ambipom? Which is better for this deck?

i would try dragonite fb since you don't really need a garchomp counter otherwise (i think?) so dragonite would be able to take out other sp pokemon as well take out garchomp c.

check my deck i would also need some advise. and we have almost the same deck. link in sign

Wow, I just fixed it lol. Anyway, the thing with Garchomp is that it can easily early snipe any of my Pokemon, but then again I can early snipe theirs so it's more of a revenge killer. And it's one slot, and Ambipom really doesn't do anything else, so I'm sticking to Dragonite.

The reason I'm running this is because it was a team rogue team deck anyway (Except the team decks idea was ditched) so now I'm running it.

Back