Adapt and Overcome – The Future of Dragapult ex Without Pidgeot ex

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
What’s up everyone! It’s Charlie and I’m happy to be back with another article. I recently took some heat for my last article on here where I wrote about why I thought Dragapult ex was a terrible deck, and that article was published the day after Ryuki Okada won Dortmund Regionals with the deck. While poor timing, I still think all the points I made in that article are valid and Ryuki made some big changes to the core of the deck that made it so strong. The biggest change he made was cutting Pidgeot ex from the deck and replacing it with better cards, like more Drakloak, a thicker Dusknoir line, and...

Continue reading...

Not sure what the future holds, especially considering we're not seeing much outside of "I can't believe it's not Zoroark GX" and some filler, but I think decks like Dortmund Champ will hold some insight.

I'm glad other people see the irony of these articles from Charlie coming out the same weekend that the "bad" deck performs well at a regional. Guy has a PHD in horrible timing.

Come on man I can’t catch a break with these… (Pidgeot is still bad in Dragapult but congrats to Clement! Watch the finals to see how that deck usually draws 😉)

Also, just so everyone knows, these articles are written on average around a week before they are posted. This allows time for editing. So both of the past two were written before the respective Regionals occurred, and they just so happened to be posted on the day/day after the deck I call bad does well…

Back