Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We can now confirm Kadabra will be returning to the Pokemon TCG in June’s Pokemon Card 151. The sell sheet teases the set will feature the original 151 Pokemon, as most fans speculated. It also specifically names Alakazam ex, which would obviously evolve from Kadabra. (The sell sheet can’t be shared publicly.)

Abra-Kadabra-Alakazam-300x225.jpg

Last August, Uri Geller revealed in an interview with PokeBeach that his agent has been in contact with The Pokemon Company in Japan. Geller said he “[had] a feeling” Kadabra may be getting a new card “soon, perhaps as early as December.” However, he said he wasn’t sure of the timing and couldn’t reveal anything.
Two days ago we asked Geller in private if...

Continue reading...

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
How much I would laugh if for Kadabra's big return they slapped some Sugimori art onto a generic clip art background made the card completely unplayable.

Want some sugar to soften that bitterness? It's ok to be wrong sometimes, just let go of the fact that you were being a naysayer and be happy that the community will finally have its way after almost 20 years, it's more elegant that way.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Update: Geller has now sent a voice message to PokeBeach:

"Hi my dear friends. I am pleased Pokemon fans are excited to see Kadabra return to the card game. Look, I want to thank the Pokemon fans who reached out to me over the last [few] years. Including the ones from PokeBeach, who kept contacting me nonstop. So basically, it was you and my granddaughters that got me to change my mind. Now we can all see Kadabra reunited with the original Pokemon in the card game this summer. I love you all. And I admit. Totally open and honest. I was a fool. It was a devastating mistake for me to sue Pokemon. [Kadabra] was basically a tribute to Uri Geller. But it's back now. Forgive me. I love you all. Much love and energy."

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Cool! No reason to make a set exclusively consisting of gen 1 Pokemon just to get kadabra back into the TCG, but what are we gonna do?

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
While Uri did a crappy thing, I'm willing to forgive him if he's genuinely sorry (and to me he seems to be, but i'm also gullible).
I'm just happy Kadabra is finally getting some rep after 21 years (even if Kadabara isn't anywhere near my top 20 Gen 1 Pokes). Other cards like Mantyke and Bonsly need some cards too.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
One thing that will always stick out about Kadabra's long gap in the TCG is going to be the conspicuous gap in the DPBP# cards from the Gen 4 era of the TCG. Given the theme of the set it's wildly unlikely, but I always (hopelessly) hoped the set bringing Kadabra back would have a chase card that was a Kadabra using the Gen 4 card template/style (i.e. not unlike what some of the Celebrations faux-reprints did) and DPBP#070 in the bottom left.

Cool! No reason to make a set exclusively consisting of gen 1 Pokemon just to get kadabra back into the TCG, but what are we gonna do?
touch grass

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Hey, you know what? As tired as I've been of sets that are thrown together (though, specifically by TPCi) that are just "Hey, remember Gen 1? It's the best, right?", like the base sets of Generations and Hidden Fates, I'd say this is a good enough reason to celebrate with an actually special set. Why not?

It's such a bizarre situation that lasted 20 years. And regardless of how you feel about Uri Geller, the right thing was finally done last year. We can all move forward, including Kadabra in the TCG now.

LilTone96TTV

Aspiring Trainer
While Uri did a crappy thing, I'm willing to forgive him if he's genuinely sorry (and to me he seems to be, but i'm also gullible).
I'm just happy Kadabra is finally getting some rep after 21 years (even if Kadabara isn't anywhere near my top 20 Gen 1 Pokes). Other cards like Mantyke and Bonsly need some cards too.
honestly as long as they don't make another dark kadabra which is evil yungerer - meaning evil uri geller - they should be fine. I felt the ban should have just been on "dark kadabra" cards and not the pokemon itself.

Tomasko26

Aspiring Trainer
Fascinating! I had no idea about any of this info as I'm very new to TCG. Now I have something neat to share at family gatherings about Pokemon to bore all my family members LOL!!

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
I get that it isn't a major part of the article, but... Alakazam is not the only Pokemon to use "all" the "evolved Pokemon as a basic" mechanics. (Charizard's had more, even, since it also has a Pokemon VS card, Shining and 2 Tag Team GX.)

As for more on-topic. Eh. I didn't miss Kadabra to begin with. Realistically, Alakazam's had more modern cards since Kadabra got axed than a lot of other Pokemon have anyway, lol. (Yes, I'm aware Alakazam isn't Kadabra.) I'd be more intrigued by babies returning honestly, since they've been snubbed for more or less mechanical reasons rather than outside drama like Kadabra. (Heck, it's been longer since we've had a Mantyke card than since we've had an Abra card.)