Aggron (DRX # 80) {8/04/12}

Vulpix Yolk

\ \ durant gang \ \
296d850.png

Card of the Day: Aggron​
80-aggron.jpg

Now Durant NVI has an excellent partner to pair itself with! If you can't get all four Durants in play because one of them is prized, you can fill the rest of the bench with the Aron family! Just keep on stacking the Toppling Wind's with Rare Candy, multiple Aggron's, Recycle, a Draw Supporter, Devolution Spray, and you've pretty much got the match in the bag double-quick!
I'd give it an 8/10 for Playability! Even outside Durant, its attack is QUITE the haymaker! 2 Coin flips are a relatively cheap cost since the chance of double heads is fairly small, and you could even run "Fliptini" for assurance! Couple that with workable HP, Psychic Resistance, and being searchable with Heavy Ball, and I see we've got a super-solid Pokemon! Just remember to pack Switch...

[/sand=PumpedAaron]

I would personally pair it with Celebi EX, to use Lairon's attack.

Celebi EX/Lairon/Devo-spray/Aggron/Fliptini. Great mill. Lets say you just evolve into Aggron and you have a benched Celebi EX and a Devo-spray in hand. That is 6 in a turn and the max that Durant did in a turn is 4. Then use lairon's attack and you may mill probably 2 more. That are EIGHT cards milled in a turn.

I'm wondering if this is viable.
Aggron, of course, to mill using devolutionary spray on bench, while you have a sableye junk hunting the sprays/hammers back into your hand?
I tried it once and it worked well, but I might've gotten lucky.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but let me tell you guys why Aggron won't work. Let's say you put it into a Durant deck. You would need 4 Aron, 3 Lairon, 4 Aggron, 2-3 Celebi EX, 4 Devolution Spray, and 2 Fliptini. That's 20-21 cards. Also, you can only use Aggron's ability a few times. Another thing I would like to point out is Aron, Lairon, and Fliptini get ko'd by Darkrai, Terrakion, Raikou EX, Rayquaza EX, SR Rayquaza, Entei EX, and pretty much 90% of the meta. It should also be noted that Aggron will likely be ko'd before it gets three energy on it.
Card viability: 1.5/10
Artwork: 7/10 artwork is actually pretty cool

^Sableeye + Aggron will work better than having Durant. Use Sableeye to junk hunt devolution sprays and happily discard your opponent's deck. The only caveat is you auto lose to a Garbordor deck.

Even Aggron alone isn't worth it. Just run a deck that is proven to work. Using a pokemon with 70 hp as your main attacker is just asking to get swept.

But that's why you would run Aggron without Durant. You would focus entirely on milling with Aggron. You evolve as many Aggron as possible as fast as possible, get your Celebi EX and Victini benched. When you've exhausted your Devolution Sprays, just focus on using Wreak Havoc and grab KOs with Aggron's Giga Horn when needed. Tool Scrapper will let you remove Tools from Garbodor and a PlusPower will take a Garbodor out. I think it can be a very viable deck, it just needs the right list and the right player.

TBH, I don't think using giga horn is viable at all. Wreak Havoc only has a 50% chance of discarding a single card. Don't count on a 60 hp victini lasting very long in this format. I just don't think using a stage 2 that mills 3 cards when it evolves is viable at all. You forgot the final thing this deck needs: the right opponents. ;)

pokemonjoe said:
You would need 4 Aron, 3 Lairon, 4 Aggron, 2-3 Celebi EX, 4 Devolution Spray, and 2 Fliptini. That's 20-21 cards.
Card viability: 1.5/10
Artwork: 7/10 artwork is actually pretty cool

You don't need to run it with Celebi EX or Fliptini, and likely not a single Lairon either: The point is that you pair Aggron's Toppling Wind with Durant's Devour, devolving/evolving multiple times with Devolution Spray and Rare Candy. You CAN add Mew EX, though for a little more bulk, and to deal an emergency KO. The end result should be discarding the top 10 cards of your opponent's Deck. So that would be 4 Aron, 4 Aggron, 4 Rare Candy, 4 Devolution Spray, and possibly 1 or 2 Mew EX's, So its 17-18 cards, and you could use that space for disruptive/protective Trainers.

PumpedAaron said:
You don't need to run it with Celebi EX or Fliptini, and likely not a single Lairon either: The point is that you pair Aggron's Toppling Wind with Durant's Devour, devolving/evolving multiple times with Devolution Spray and Rare Candy. You CAN add Mew EX, though for a little more bulk, and to deal an emergency KO. The end result should be discarding the top 10 cards of your opponent's Deck. So that would be 4 Aron, 4 Aggron, 4 Rare Candy, 4 Devolution Spray, and possibly 1 or 2 Mew EX's, So its 17-18 cards, and you could use that space for disruptive/protective Trainers.

Ok we're done here. You obviously fail to see what's wrong with this scenario. You're getting rid of 17-18 cards to mill a MAXIMUM of 18 cards per game, if you have the best luck in the world. Realistically, you will mill about 5-6 cards with Aggron per game. Also, idk if you know this or not, but durant is dead.

Aggron/Sableye/Mew EX is a lot better than Durant/Aggron. I tested with a 4-2-4 Aggron, 3 Sableye, 2 Mew EX and I was 6-4 through testing. Aggron has the same flaw Durant had, Prized Pokemon. But it has one advantage, your opponent doesn't have Junk Arm. SO when their Cathers and switchs get discarded, you bought yourself time. Discarding useful trainers in a Junk arm-less formant is amazing and is what gives Aggron a chance. If you can discard most of their Good trainers by T6, you have a very good chance of winning.

PokemonJoe check out my durant build for BW-on and give feed back based on the plan for each card. Also, post pros and cons to the cards.

Kaydex18 said:
PokemonJoe check out my durant build for BW-on and give feed back based on the plan for each card. Also, post pros and cons to the cards.

No thanks. I don't really want to be blunt, but I'm not a huge fan of jumping to people's commands, especially when they forget basic manners. (like saying please!!) ;)

Back