Aggron OHKO immunity deck

JFlo

Aspiring Trainer
Aggron has the ability
If this Pokémon has full HP and would be Knocked Out by damage from an attack, this opponent is not Knocked Out and its remaining HP becomes 10
and I want to make a deck around this and want to start planning how I might do that.

The biggest flaws with Aggron would be that it is a stage 2 and that it has a beefy attack cost.
Its ability is also useless if you get burned or poisoned after taking 150 to ∞ damage since you will die from the special condition.

to address the abilities problem with special conditions I would have to play Cobalion GX or galarian Rapadash. Cobalion is a 2 prize liability but Rapadash is a stage 1 and a stage 2 is already in the deck. For now, I will plan on using Cobalion since it can be used for the GX attack while I set up and the first attack isn't too bad.

For the attack cost, I think using 4 twin energy, 4 metal saucer should be fine.

Now, to capitalize on the ability I will need to heal every turn. and I would like some suggestions on what the best healing option would be here. also if gardevoir VMAX becomes popular and everyone starts using mimikyu to counter I will need a backup plan for when and if that happens.

Deck skeleton:

4-2-4 Line of Aggron
4 Jirachi
4 Cobalion GX
2 Dedenne GX

4 rare candy
4 metal saucer

4 twin energy
7 metal energy

Thanks for your time.

Last edited: