ALL 'XY' Scans [1/24]

RE: 120+ 'XY' Scans [1/24]

Ugh, those darn monkeys are rares again.

And darn they made Tauros into a rare. It's gonna be tough winning the pre-release now. :p

103-swellow.jpg

Looks like Swallow does not need to be active but he cannot choose the benched Pokémon to become active. could still be nice as a tech in Darkness decks and Yeti.

Wonder why Rhydon is a rare?
Anyways I like the artwork for the Xerneas/Yveltal half decks that have been seen ^^

I will express my opinion again, once the scans will be complete, but I only want to comment Aegislash now. It seems, that the ability is actually better then it was expected, because if I read it correctly, you can change the forms without “putting the newer one on the older”, you just take the one and change it with another, which sounds a lot better then if you have to put it onto that one that already is in play. ;-)

Rhydon's probably Rare because it can be a deck focus of its own. And really, it is actually good enough to take a Rare slot. (And is even one of the better non-holo Rares in the set at that.)

...And yup, Max Revive is terrible. Yay. I don't think knowing the top card of your Deck (unless it's an energy) actually helps with anything in-format. It's only even remotely good in combination with cards like Musharna that can then immediately add the card to your hand, giving you a worse Pokemon Rescue.

I wonder if there will be Secret rares in this set.... guess not because the japanese set didnt have them either :(

There are so many good cards in this set! I can't wait for the prerelease tomorrow!

Also, what's up with all the 5ban?

I also just noticed that a bunch of Pokémon's attacks read your opponent's Active Pokémon and not Defending Pokémon. What's up with that?

Momaster12 said:
Also, what's up with all the 5ban?
PCL must have hired them for cheap or something. I hope it ends soon...5ban is the worst thing to happen to the TCG's art.

Just finished mine 2 hours ago.. I got Yveltal EX for my first 6 booster and Xerneas EX for my 2 consolation booster.Unfortunately I only got 1 trainer from the 6 booster. The lack of trainer really did effect my deck performance since I lack of any other help rather than the attacking and waiting to draw my cards

RiverShock said:
Rhydon's probably Rare because it can be a deck focus of its own. And really, it is actually good enough to take a Rare slot. (And is even one of the better non-holo Rares in the set at that.)

...And yup, Max Revive is terrible. Yay. I don't think knowing the top card of your Deck (unless it's an energy) actually helps with anything in-format. It's only even remotely good in combination with cards like Musharna that can then immediately add the card to your hand, giving you a worse Pokemon Rescue.

Rhydon/Rhyperior/Celebi/Victini should make a good bad deck monday deck.

Max Revive is better than I thought it would be. From the looks of things, it looked like a worse super rod, but putting it on top of your deck is better. Could combo with Empoleon to get it into your hand instantly.

I'm so excited for this set. I'll be going to my first sealed tournament the weekend after its release (still have yet to attend a prerelease though), and will be getting a booster box in the mail shortly after the launch.

go to prerelease, getting the elite trainer box, and I ordered a regular box, the only thing that can kill my hype is if I either get no trevenants whatsoever, or if all my EX's are Emolga, actually if any of my EXs are Emolga that would suck

Dark Espeon said:
Looks like Swallow does not need to be active but he cannot choose the benched Pokémon to become active. could still be nice as a tech in Darkness decks and Yeti.

almost gave me a scare there, much less annoying If I get to pick the switch, basically a one sided escape rope.

Has anyone paid attention to Vivillion? In my area we've got two confirmed patterns (Meadow and High Plains) and I know a while back WPM posted an image of an Elegant one. Did we really get all 18? My area is actually a High Plains area, but I can't imagine them being specific enough to place Vivillions by geographic location.

EDIT: Also, holo rares are REALLY HARD TO GET. Out of four boxes, one Greninja. Two Furfrous. Not good.

HikaruAyame said:
Has anyone paid attention to Vivillion? In my area we've got two confirmed patterns (Meadow and High Plains) and I know a while back WPM posted an image of an Elegant one. Did we really get all 18? My area is actually a High Plains area, but I can't imagine them being specific enough to place Vivillions by geographic location.

EDIT: Also, holo rares are REALLY HARD TO GET. Out of four boxes, one Greninja. Two Furfrous. Not good.

I believe Japanese only got 2 Vivillon patterns. So I'm going with No.

Back