Ruling Altered Creation GX Extra Prizes

KaiV

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys need some help here! I have a question about Altered Creation GX: Is there any official ruling that states the extra prize effect is permanent? In other words that it takes effect on every KO (by attack).

The wording on ADP is kinda strange and my friend disputes that you take an extra prize card for every KO.

Hi guys need some help here! I have a question about Altered Creation GX: Is there any official ruling that states the extra prize effect is permanent? In other words that it takes effect on every KO (by attack).

The wording on ADP is kinda strange and my friend disputes that you take an extra prize card for every KO.
It says "For the rest of the game" on the attack. seems pretty obvious to me

Well, see I thought the same thing, but it could easily only be referring to the first part of the attack, the extra damage.

"For the rest of this game, your Pokémon's attacks do 30 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance). If this Pokémon has at least 1 extra Water Energy attached to it (in addition to this attack's cost), when your opponent's Active Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from those attacks, take 1 more Prize card. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)"

The bolded part's use of "Those attacks" is referring back to the first part of the attack which has the "For the rest of this game" clause

"For the rest of this game, your Pokémon's attacks do 30 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance). If this Pokémon has at least 1 extra Water Energy attached to it (in addition to this attack's cost), when your opponent's Active Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from those attacks, take 1 more Prize card. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)"

The bolded part's use of "Those attacks" is referring back to the first part of the attack which has the "For the rest of this game" clause

Exactly. **These attacks** is plural - hence, it works on all attacks.

Pokémon would've said "The next attack" if they'd meant the next attack. They're getting much better about clearly stating what they mean. When not sure, take the plain english meaning.

Some clarification to make it a little easier to understand:

"Damage from those attacks" is a direct reference to damage from the attacks doing 30 more damage for the rest of the game.

If your Pokemon are doing 30 damage for the rest of the game, then any prizes taken by attacks using the damage increase will also yield the prize increase. This is also why if you take prizes by placing damage counters, you don't take any extra prizes.

Some clarification to make it a little easier to understand:

"Damage from those attacks" is a direct reference to damage from the attacks doing 30 more damage for the rest of the game.

If your Pokemon are doing 30 damage for the rest of the game, then any prizes taken by attacks using the damage increase will also yield the prize increase. This is also why if you take prizes by placing damage counters, you don't take any extra prizes.

You're mostly right; but it's not conditional on the attacks continuing to do 30 more damage. I don't think it's possible for something to block that +30 and not either block the rest of the damage or also block the extra prize; but if some card had the text

> When this Pokémon takes damage from attacks, ignore any additional damage done from effects on the attacking Pokémon

Or something like that, it would still yield the +1 prize card.

Hi Guys, need some clarification on this problem.
When there is a Wonder Labyrinth(Prism) on the board,
and my ADP have a water and metal energy attached.
When I use Altered Creartion GX, will it allow me to access to both the effect?
(the 『+30』damage and extra prize card)

Hi Guys, need some clarification on this problem.
When there is a Wonder Labyrinth(Prism) on the board,
and my ADP have a water and metal energy attached.
When I use Altered Creartion GX, will it allow me to access to both the effect?
(the 『+30』damage and extra prize card)
No. The secondary effect requirement (being the [W] Energy) isn't part of the initial attack cost, so it doesn't interact with Wondrous Labyrinth. However, the initial cost of the attack (which is the [M] Energy) does interact with Wondrous Labyrinth. This turns the cost of Altered Creation to [M][C] + [W] to get the full effect of the attack.

Back