Are All Relevant Theme Decks Available for Purchase on the PTCGO Store for 500 Coins?

Kitoro

Aspiring Trainer
Hi Everyone!

The title asks it all. I was just wondering if there were any recent theme decks that are unavailable for purchase on the PTCGO store, and which those would be.

I've researched a bit on my own, and have found that the Hoenn Power Tins have codes that unlock exclusive EX theme decks, but I'm assuming those decks aren't allowed in Versus or Tournament modes, unless I'm wrong?

Either way, I was just wondering which theme decks are only obtainable in PTCGO through phsyical box/tin codes, and if they're playable in Versus and Tournament modes.

Thanks so much!

Well, for one, all the Theme Decks originating from the sets from Black & White through Plasma Blast aren't in the store anymore, so I guess those qualify.

Trainer Kit codes also give decks usable in Theme Deck mode. (The contents of which are, of course, the combined contents of the two half-decks. They get unique names, though, since unlike Theme Decks, the Trainer Kits lacked them originally. Not that it really affects anything, just neat that they have one rather than just being called "BW Trainer Kit" or something, lol. Night Hunter sounds much cooler. :p)

And there were also box sets that gave, amongst other things, PTCGO codes for the Theme Decks from Undaunted and Triumphant (which didn't originally have codes).

I guess given you asked for recent decks, most of the above doesn't qualify. But I felt it worth mentioning anyway. (And I guess you could consider the last two, soon to be three, Trainer Kits to be recent since they're all XY-era, though the newer of the two current XY Trainer Kits was released nearly a year ago.)

I believe you are correct about the tin decks (and similarly, the Sceptile/Blaziken/Swampert-EX box decks) not being usable in Theme Deck mode, but it would appear I've never redeemed any of those, so I can't check myself, lol.

Back