• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Aromatisse / Kangaskhan

WaldoHeraldoFaldo

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:17

• 2 Kangaskhan EX
    2 Mega Kangaskhan EX
    2 Mewtwo EX
    2 Xerneas EX
    1 Keldeo EX
    3 Spritzee
    2 Aromatisse
    2 Xerneas
    1 Victory Star Victini
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:31

• 3 Professor Sycamore
    4 N
    3 Colress
    1 Shauna
    2 Pokemon Fan Club
    2 Lysandre
    3 Fairy Garden
    3 Max Potion
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Startling Megaphone
    2 Ultra Ball
    1 Evosoda
    1 Sacred Ash
    1 Dowsing Machine
Energy:12

• 7 Fairy
    3 Rainbow
    2 Double Colourless

Strategy:

Hey guys! So here I am trying to use a Aromatisse Kangaskhan deck. I just began working on this deck so any suggestions / changes that you guys can think of would be great (especially with the trainer lineup)!

I am aware that Kangaskhan is weak to fighting and that matchup in general could be a little dangerous. I'm not exactly sure what I should counter it with though. I already have two Mewtwo EX. I could include two Keldeo EX as well I guess. It would also help against decks running laser. Please let me know what you think!

RE: BCR-on Aromatisse Kangaskhan

I've done a deck around M. Kangaskhan before and there are some areas that you need to consider.

1) Lucario (and Fighting Pokemon in general) will be out in force so you'll need something to either wall or to prevent damage whilst you're building up Kangaskhan.

2) You have no counter to most of the meta-game decks such as VirGen or Yveltal/Darkrai. So you need a counter for this.

So because of this, I'd think this might be a better fit.

-1 Pokemon Fan Club - sure it gets you 2 basic Pokemon but you'll need more draw support than necessary.
+1 Suicine. Suicine is probably a good wall against any EXs plus any annoying Fire types.

-1 Colress - 3 is a bit of an overkill. What happens when you draw into it and have very little bench Pokemon?
+1 Shauna - Probably a better choice since it shuffles the deck, declumping it but also doesn't allow the opponent a chance if you notice they haven't played a supporter.

-2 Xerneas EX - I find that Xerneas EX is a big target once Yveltal comes out or Mewtwo due to the large energy costs.
+2 Reshiram/Zekrom (Outrage version) - having either one of each or two of them depending on the meta in your area is a good way to cover. Plus, the opponent has to think twice about hitting the Pokemon to either accelerate or damage for later. Plus the Rainbow will help damage them for easily knocks. Add to that Max Potion when it gets critical, then it's well worth it.

-1 Evosoda - Not necessary as you tend to draw into your Pokemon fast.
+1 Energy Retrieval. Might not be necessary but if the situation happens when you have no energy left in the deck, this might help.

RE: BCR-on Aromatisse Kangaskhan

The mega Kangaskhan is a good counter to Vir/Gen decks and Yveltal decks because it is hard to knock out a 230 HP pokemon. Vir/Gen can only do a max of 200 and yveltal needs a lot on it to do enough damage to KO your kangaskhan. Suicine or Sigylyph would both be good options fo the deck. two decks that will give you trouble would be Seismitoad EX and Fighting decks, So the 2 safeguard pokemon could work depending on if you meta is more Landorus EX or Lucario EX. As far as seismitoad EX goes you could try teching in Leafeon or keep the rainbow energy and tech in a Virizion EX.

RE: BCR-on Aromatisse / Kangaskhan

My personal experience says that Victini isn't worth the bench space.

The rainbow energy thing is interesting. Keep 2 at least and add a Suicune, but you can go up if you want to try to tech more stuff (1-1 Pyroar maybe, Shaymin EX, ect). It make you more versatile

Keep 1 Xerneas EX please. The snipe damage that brings to the table is very good in some cases, and 140 is just a lot, especially with Keldeo EX.

You'll want the 3rd or maybe even 4th Ultra ball. Make room for at least the 3rd though.

1 Baby Xerneas usually serves my purposes just fine, it's not essential, just helpful.

This is just some comments, if you have any questions just ask.

Back