Articuno EX (Plasma Storm)

Tier 2, maybe. It relies too much on Plasma Energy and a 4(!) energy cost attack, once all the Plasma Energies are gone, you're gone as well. It has excellent typing, though.

If an attack guarntees paralysis I think it's almost always good. The fact you can paralyze, snipe the bench, paralyze, snipe the bench continually could be dangerous. You'll definitely want some switches or full heals handy.
And the trainer card that allows you to search the deck and attach a plasma energy to your pokemon could make this a potential turn two 80 damage and paralysis.

Trust me, this card will be no good. Keldeo destroyed any Water weak Pokemon that were possibly lingering (besides Ho-Oh and Lando) so you won't get type bonus. It requires 4 Energy for a pitiful 80 damage. Anything can get out of Paralysis. Just a very underwhelming card honestly.

grantm1999 said:
Trust me, this card will be no good. Keldeo destroyed any Water weak Pokemon that were possibly lingering (besides Ho-Oh and Lando) so you won't get type bonus. It requires 4 Energy for a pitiful 80 damage. Anything can get out of Paralysis. Just a very underwhelming card honestly.

Says the guy who wrote an article on how paralysis can't be stopped even by Keldeo :p

Anyways, I believe it will be good with Ether and Colores Machine(how do you spell it?)

I have to agree 100% with grant on this one. For starters, Keldeo EX can get out of the lock whenever it wants. Darkrai can run Keldeo EX itself if Articuno ever becomes popular, and any deck that's not Keldeo or Darkrai tends to run quite a few Switch. 4 Energy to charge up just makes it even worse, because if you somehow manage to get one going, a few switches can take it down and you'll be left with nothing. The fact that it does 80 damage makes it just hilariously bad.

It might be fun to take to a league to troll, but I can't see this ever being used successfully in a competitive setting.

The guys before me have a very smart point. Disregarding Keldeo-EX countering Paralysis with Rush In, every Deck usually runs 4 Switch, occasionally 3, depending on whether or not they have other effects to make up for it, so that's plenty of time to counter against Articuno-EX, given the fast pace of this game. His high-energy cost even makes him a fragrant target for Mewtwo EX, and that's like a $6 Pokémon-EX nowadays!

Hrmm. I still wonder if there's some special way he can really get a chance...!

I don't know. There are ways around the paralysis, but it will force them to work around it and change their playstyle. They may end up having to burn their switches that would have been better served another time. Or they will end up being forced to switch with Keldeo. Even if you don't get the lock, you could still cause some disruption.

grantm1999 said:
It's different.
Accelgor had legit support and was a really different deck.
I agree with your points regarding Articuno, but Accelgor is honestly weaker to Keldeo than Articuno. Articuno provides unconditional paralysis, while Accelgor must be retrieved every turn. Articuno also has Colress machine, meaning it can be charged up pretty easily.

However, Articuno dies to Enhanced Hammer and Keldeo (it will be played in everything because of PHB).

Assuming you're running Articuno EX in a Keldeo deck, I'd rather use the space to put in the Black Kyurem EX, which does 200 for a four energy cost (in case you don't know). It kills off nearly any EX (colorless EX + Eviolite/Big Cape + Aspertia).

Wait, Black Kyurem EX in a Keldeo Deck? You'd need quite some (L) Energy to make that work, you know! His 2nd Attack costs (W)(L)(L)( C). Were you planning on teching Elektrik NVI or somethin'?

He means the new Black Kyurem EX coming out in Plasma Storm, which requires 1 Lighting, 2 Water, and 1 Colorless to do 200 damage, after which you have to discard 3 energy.

Ohhh, that is certainly viable along with Blastoise! Not to mention we'll someday get Super Energy Retrieval. Whoa, whoa, whoa!

Blastoise Keldeo Articuno maybe? running plasma energy would allow you to play lugia EX as well.

Back