Base set 4th print run (c) 1999-2000 1st editions?

C4FF

Aspiring Trainer
Hey all, just a quick question for you all.

I was under the impression that the 1st edition run was 1999 (US), then there was the 2nd to the 7th print runs as unlimited, and finally an 8th print run (named the 4th print run for whatever reason) which was a print run here in the UK. You can tell the UK print run because they say (c) 1999-2000 on them.

But today, I saw this card... Which has frazzled my fragile little mind...

PokemonBaseSetRareHoloMachamp8_1021999-2000Wizards.jpg

Is there a UK print 4th run 1st edition set!?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think so. I'd be impressed if there were, but I suspect it's the fact that there is no such thing as a (official and easily obtainable) unlimited edition Machamp card. So even in the 4th major printing where the copyright info reflects those dates you'd see a 1st edition Machamp even if there are no others in the set like it.

viper.fox said:
I don't think so. I'd be impressed if there were, but I suspect it's the fact that there is no such thing as a (official and easily obtainable) unlimited edition Machamp card. So even in the 4th major printing where the copyright info reflects those dates you'd see a 1st edition Machamp even if there are no others in the set like it.

Because he was in the first two player 30 card deck set right?

That Machamp is from the starter deck. It is the only Base Set card that was always printed with the 1st edition stamp for some reason. There is no 1st edition 4th print set. :)

theducktamer said:
That Machamp is from the starter deck. It is the only Base Set card that was always printed with the 1st edition stamp for some reason. There is no 1st edition 4th print set. :)

Thanks for clearing this up!

theducktamer said:

That is a UK (4th print) card.
Just to be clear, all Machamp cards are 1st edition regardless of print run.
There is also a Machamp card with a "bubble holo" foil pattern, not the star pattern your card has.

Back