Battle of the week

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I thought maybe once or twice a week a special battle could take place. Members would vote on who battles. Then a time is agreed upon to battle. Just like on Smogon.

dragonexpert said:
I thought maybe once or twice a week a special battle could take place. Members would vote on who battles. Then a time is agreed upon to battle. Just like on Smogon.

There should be a wifi and smogon battle thread and u would need to sign up. And maybe after each month a battle of the Month?

Hmm... seems like a fun event. A lot of the community could get involved which is nice. Sounds like a cool idea. :)
WP

Preferably on shoddy or Pokemon Online since then it can be watched live. We'd have to come up with a list of people that wish to be considered to battle.

dragonexpert said:
Preferably on shoddy or Pokemon Online since then it can be watched live. We'd have to come up with a list of people that wish to be considered to battle.

Wi-fi too!!!!

Yeah. I support it. It's sounds like a fun idea for the competitive members of Pokebeach.

It'd also be cool for newer members to watch and learn if we get higher-up members [like Gamercal or Pride] to battle each other. It'd be a great learning experience, IMO. I like the idea.

A special event type of thing does sound kinda interesting, not gonna lie there. I dunno if in my current state of mind I'd really be all for me being in a match etc., but it does sound like it has potential to be successful.

Frequency and potential participants would need to be somewhat tightly defined, however. Personally weekly is too frequent. Monthly sounds good but would possibly be too infrequent for a lot of people, especially if they couldn't make it that one time in the month. There's also got to be time for polls and such though... maybe every 3 weeks or so? 2 weeks for voting, half a week either side of voting for setting stuff up. Sounds like it could work at least, although the voting could be cut to 1 week if need be. As for voting itself, I guess there would be a poll with all the potential participants up, and the public vote for who they want to see play or something? And like the two with the most votes play each other, something like that.

Sounds like it could work if controlled correctly. Seems as if most of the comments are positive for this - I might post a preliminary thing which people could tell me what players they would want to have included in a poll or something, and we could take it from there.

Riskbreakers said:
What's the point of a battle of the month if no one can watch it? That's where Wi-Fi fails.

Can't you upload battles onto the GTS thing if you use Platinum?

bacon said:
You can, but keep in mind that not everybody has Platinum, and HG/SS, so if it's on WiFi, we'd be keeping those people from watching.

I'm up for this idea as long as it's not the same people being voted time after time to play.

bacon said:

Add that most of our battlers worthy for battle of the month are Shoddy locked.

Although as a compromise maybe someone can log the battle move per move lol.

@Cal

Make it a rule that one of the two people who battled before can't battle in the next one or two battle of the week/month whatever just so we can get a good rotation

Personally I think once a week, given our relatively shallow player pool, would be too frequent. Bi-weekly would be pretty good though. I only suggested 3 weeks because again I thought 2 might be too frequent, but it's easy to adjust the system.

Back