Beginner Decks?

AlastorNexus

Aspiring Trainer
I'm new to the game of Pokemon (just quit Yugioh). I was wondering what would be a decent deck to pick up easily? I don't really have much money, and I hear that the theme decks don't really make that good of a deck by itself.

Help?

charizard decks are easy, fun, competitive, and not too expensive.
they will also hold up nicely in the next rotation modified format

charizard AR you can get in blister
Ninetales HGSS/COL are only a few bucks each
same with typhlosion prime

there a quite a few in the deck garage and places online.
heres just a skeleton list to base it off
you can always ask for more help in the deck garage section

pokemon:
4-3-4 Charizard AR
2-2 Ninetales HGSS
2-1-2 Typhlision Prime

Trainer/Supporters/Stadium
4-bts
4-rare candy
3- pokemon Collector
4- pokemon Communication
3 - Prof oaks/judge
1- luxury ball
3 - expert belt
2 - interviewer's questions
1 - burned tower

energy
12 fire
3 rescue

Sablelock would be an excellent choice, Dialga is also pretty cheap now that you can get Dialga G for free and Dialga G X for about 5 bucks now.

Sablelock isn't too bad, and Dialga G is a league promo.

Charizard is not competitive. I played it for a whole bloody season, tested the crap out of it, and...no, it isn't. It's a bad deck, stay out of that trap. It's going to take most of the same staples as every other big deck anyway, and those are most of the money. With those, if you want a cheap, effective deck, I'd go for Magnezone.

you should play a charizard deck. its sooo easy to learn BUT its also a powerful deck. thats the deck i learned on.

I would personally use jumpluff, charizard, arceus, donchamp and magngatr. The list just goes on.

Go for Charizard or Jumpluff (without Vileplume--look for SpeedPluff in the deck garage if you want a basic decklist), probably.
I don't know about Sablelock, though. I've never played it myself, but I've heard it takes a good amount of skill to play right.

Most of the decent and cheap decks have been named, but I just wanted to say that Magnegatr and Donchamp are somewhat expensive because Magnezone, Machamp, and Donphan all around $8-$10 a piece I'm pretty sure.
Charizard and Jumpluff are probably your best options for decks because everythings pretty cheap except for some of the staple T/S/St, but if you look at it that way then most decks can get expensive.
I don't think that Sablelock is the way to go because it does take more skill to play then other decks, but if you're up to the challenge then I'd say go for it because it's a pretty good deck.

If you're looking for a place to buy cards online most people recommend Troll and Toad.

Tangrowth (COL) also comes to mind. Simple to get a hold of most of the cards and its god for the next format.

Back