Best EX's (XY - On)

JdmKicks94

Aspiring Trainer
Hi, I have been out of the game for a little while and wanted to know what the best EX cards are XY - On. From the research I have done, I know that these are some of the better EX's:

Yveltal EX
Charizard EX (Combustion Blast)
Seismitoad EX
Lucario EX
Manectric EX
M Manectric EX
Gengar EX
M Gengar EX
Dialga EX
Aegislash EX

If anyone could fill me in on what other EX's XY - On would be worth acquiring, that would be great.

Thanks.

Lucario EX is also really good, especially with strong energy. Charizard with Combustion Blast (150) is also a goodie. I would say the top five EXes are

1. Yveltal EX
2. Seismatoad EX
3. Aegislash (stops a lot of cards in their tracks)
4. Lucario EX
5. Dialga EX

Kangaskhan EX and M Kangaskhan EX are good. Toxicroak EX is interesting and can be good. But you pretty much nailed it with the ones you listed.

How is Yvetal EX better than Seismitoad.

In a XY-on hypothetical reality. Yvetal EX doesn't have that much support. He needs two energy attachments to attack.

Seismitoad EX is too good to be legal. It does 50 with a muscle band,and can stop most decks in their tracks. This card kills the Stage 2 archetypes because they can't use your rare candies.

My list with support and the meta taken into consideration:
1.Seismitoad EX
2.Lucario/M-Lucario EX(Fighting support is still great.)
3.Gengar EX/M Gengar EX
4.Yvetal EX
5.Xerneas EX(Fairy is getting better)

Ironman131 said:
Because Yveltal EX is the best attacker in the game.

This.

I can't see Yveltal being hit as hard as Seismatoad EX by an X/Y on rotation. Part of what makes the toad so deadly is it's combination with lasers.

pokedan24 said:
Ironman131 said:
Because Yveltal EX is the best attacker in the game.

This.

I can't see Yveltal being hit as hard as Seismatoad EX by an X/Y on rotation. Part of what makes the toad so deadly is it's combination with lasers.

And Garbodor. Without either of those the lock loses damage and locking power

Here's my list:

1. Yveltal
  2. Seismitoad
  3. Lucario
  4. Kangaskhan

The only one not mentioned by anyone else, and the only one I'm going to elaborate on is Kangaskhan EX. It's a pain to OHKO, technically doesn't have a damage cap (A friend of mine flipped 9 heads in a row for 360 damage, and then flipped 2 more heads with a Muscle Band for 180.), guarantees to 2HKO almost anything in format, and has excellent support in XY in the form of being able to tank in Aromatisse.

Manectric goes somewhere in that list, but it's too soon for me to tell exactly where. Charizard also gets honorable mentions, but without Virizion Genesect in format, it's only decent.

I also agree that Xerneas EX is pretty good. An all around solid attacker with a great resistance.

And while not a great by any means, Heracross EX (not the Mega) ain't bad (hits decent numbers and has a nice damage reducing attack). It's not bad for Virizion decks (just outclassed by Genesect).

Back