Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GBA Pokemon games

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • None of them^^^

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Gamefreak734

So I heard you like muDkiPz!
I don't know about you, but even though its old now I still love playing my GBA. But what would you say the best games are for it?

Mmm, Metroid: Zero Mission, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Warioware, Inc.: Mega Microgames, Drill Dozer, Advance Wars, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Gunstar Super Heroes, Final Fantasy IV, V, VI Advance.

Just off the top of my head.

dmaster out.

d master342 said:
Mmm, Metroid: Zero Mission, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Warioware, Inc.: Mega Microgames, Drill Dozer, Advance Wars, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Gunstar Super Heroes, Final Fantasy IV, V, VI Advance.

dmaster out.

Mine is pretty much the same list but I would also add final fantasy tactics advance to that list

Yeah, I was rushed when I posted it. That's also an excellent game.

dmaster out.

I would like to add the Sonic advance to this list (I never played 2 or 3). I think it was a pretty well done game, all things considered.

Mario Kart was also a solid title.

d master342 said:

dmaster out.

WarioWare really got considerably better when it hit the DS days and beyond, if you ask me. The GBA entries were good, but not as much as ours of today, if you ask me.

I also agree with the FFTA addition, and add Pokemon Pinball R/S to the list, with Riviera and the Summon Night games. Those are some underrated games for ya'.

I liked Yoshi's Island the best...it was a great platformer, with good levels and fun gameplay. I also played Emerald Version a lot.

If you're looking for a good game, try Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team. It's a good game, and it doesn't get boring. TONS of replay value.

Mother 3 has been great so far. I bought it on eBay (cart prices seem to be rising), and am currently using a translation guide to play through it. I bought the cart with the box for $60, including shipping, handling, and insurance (don't normally insure, but considering the rarity of the cart, I figured it was worthwhile). However, most of the carts I see sell for over $60. If you have played EarthBound and enjoyed it, I would recommend importing Mother 3 before the price becomes too high. It is really a bummer that Nintendo chose not to release Mother 3 outside of Japan, especially since there is a good number of people that want to see the game released. I am also disappointed that Nintendo didn't release EarthBound on the VC (legal issues), but that is an entirely different topic altogether...

I found that Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire were the best games on the GBA for me (not counting Emerald, as it is a re-make, but it is still awesome). Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red was also awesome, though Blue (DS version) was superior to it in every way. Outside of Pokemon, I liked Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. The replay value isn't as high, because it is very linear, but the game has good game mechanics and lots of humorous moments.

I have lots of re-made games on the GBA. Final Fantasy IV, V, and VI; Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Metroid: Zero Mission (the original Metroid with so many changes that it can be practically considered a new game, though it does include the original NES Metroid as well), and Super Mario Advance 4 (remake of Super Mario Bros 3.) are awesome, and in many ways, surpass the original games.

DocRobot_K-176 said:
Mother 3 has been great so far. I bought it on eBay (cart prices seem to be rising), and am currently using a translation guide to play through it. I bought the cart with the box for $60, including shipping, handling, and insurance (don't normally insure, but considering the rarity of the cart, I figured it was worthwhile). However, most of the carts I see sell for over $60. If you have played EarthBound and enjoyed it, I would recommend importing Mother 3 before the price becomes too high. It is really a bummer that Nintendo chose not to release Mother 3 outside of Japan, especially since there is a good number of people that want to see the game released. I am also disappointed that Nintendo didn't release EarthBound on the VC (legal issues), but that is an entirely different topic altogether...

I found that Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire were the best games on the GBA for me (not counting Emerald, as it is a re-make, but it is still awesome). Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red was also awesome, though Blue (DS version) was superior to it in every way. Outside of Pokemon, I liked Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. The replay value isn't as high, because it is very linear, but the game has good game mechanics and lots of humorous moments.

I have lots of re-made games on the GBA. Final Fantasy IV, V, and VI; Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Metroid: Zero Mission (the original Metroid with so many changes that it can be practically considered a new game, though it does include the original NES Metroid as well), and Super Mario Advance 4 (remake of Super Mario Bros 3.) are awesome, and in many ways, surpass the original games.

Now this guy knows his games. XD

Back