Best Way to Start Trading

triangle

Aspiring Trainer
Lately I've really wanted to get into the online trading community of the Pokemon TCG, but I don't know where to start. I want to have cards that people want to trade for, but don't want to s[end the money on a box at the moment. And buying singles would seem kind of counter productive. So my what would be some good packs to try and get good pulls from to start of a serious collection, and develop a good reputation as a trader?

Triumphant has the most "valuable" and in-demand cards at the moment.

Some good ones are HGSS, Triumpant, and Black and White. Undaunted has also suddenly become somewhat popular due to Rayquaza&Deoxys LEGEND.

Just go for Triumphant. You get 6 Primes per box, and Triumphant has the best primes by far. Aside from Absol, Celebi and Electrode, they all go for at least $15 (Mew/Machamp) and up to $35-40 (Magnezone).

Undaunted has nothing good besides RDL. The most expensive prime is Scizor, which could be decent if Emboar and all the other fire cards die down in popularity, but that won't be for a while, and no one really wants right now.

Call of Legends can usually be gotten rather cheaply, and wouldn't be a terrible choice if the price is right. There are some decent cards/reprints, and the RH energy and SLs are good trade bait.

Back