Bicycle and Juniper in my hand, Which to choose?

SpartanV209

Aspiring Trainer
I ask this all the time. If you had 2 cards left in your hand, Juniper and Bicycle, What would you do? Would you use your Juniper first, re-up on 7 new cards and use your supporter for the turn? Or would you use Bicycle first, and draw 3?

Bicycle into a hopeful Skyla, grab whatever i needed.

It seems obvious to use Bicycle, because it's not a supporter, and see whether I get anything useful from it before Junipering away everything.

Exactly what the post above me says. If you get anything useful, then you necessarily have to use Juniper.

It's risk/reward. You could draw into usefull stuff like Ultra Ball to thin your deck or Catcher, etc. Or you could draw into pieces of an important tech that you have to lay down too early or discard. Or you could draw stuff you can't play and you'll have to waste resources discarding them. That being said, I'd play the Bicycle first. I like to burn through my deck as fast as possible. But that may just be me.

Mora shares a similar opinion to mine: I often have this Dilemma in Unlimited as well when I have Professor Oak, and Erika/ Poké Drawer + in my hand. I usually end up being forced to discard stages of evolution, because I still don't have the Basic Pokémon.

I think you'll face similar potential self-hurt incidents, especially if your setup requires many unique cards, such as Lugia EX/Deoxys EX donk.

Back