Finished Big Brother 7: Sweet Sabotage - Hosted by VioletValkyrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
B4B7CCD7-67D2-494C-8F34-70F42628B382.JPG

✧ Welcome to PokéBeach Big Brother: Sweet Sabotage! ✧

After months of excitement and wait after the end of the previous season, PokéBeach Big Brother is back, hosted once again by VioletValkyrie! This game will not only test your social skills and competitive skills, but also your ability to work together, form friendships, and completely backstab each other, in a new seventh season with new twists, tricks, and sweet, sweet sabotage!

General Rules and Competitions
- In this game, you will compete with other houseguests to win the game, and deem yourself the best of the best! This game will be divided into a number of in-game weeks. Each of these weeks contains a Head of Household (HOH) competition, Nomination Ceremony, a Power of Veto (POV) competition, and an Eviction. With one houseguest being evicted after each eviction, this cycle will repeat until there are only 2 houseguests remaining.
- Every week will start with a Head of Household competition. Everyone may compete except the winner of this competition from the previous week. Everyone else will participate, and the decided winner of this competition becomes the Head of the Household for the week and will be unable to be eliminated during that week.
- After this, the Head of Household chooses 2 players to nominate for eviction.
- Once the Head of Household has named their nominees, the Power of Veto competition will begin. The HOH, the 2 nominees, and 3 randomized houseguests will participate in this. The winner of this competition may choose to either save one of HOH’s nominees with this power or decide not to use it (thus keeping nominees the same). If they use the power, they cannot be nominated in the previous nominee's place when the HOH names a replacement.
- Finally, to end the week, once the nominees have been locked in, then the eviction phase begins. During this time, all players (except the HOH and the nominees) will be voting for whom they wish to be evicted from the house and lose their chances of victory. The nominees may also publicly plead their cases in this time, but whoever receives the most votes will be evicted, and out of the game.

Game Rules
- Alliances are of course permitted, and strongly encouraged. You may make as many alliances as you’d like to with other houseguests. This can be done through PokéBeach PMs, or through Discord servers. However, I must be added to the conversation.
- The game cannot be discussed with any evicted houseguests. If you have a Discord alliance with any evicted houseguests, please refrain from conversing about the game with them, or make a separate chat for general conversation as well.
- In this game, screenshots will be necessary for challenge submissions. When signing up, make sure your device is able to submit these screenshots for your scores in various competitions throughout the game. When you submit a score, you must show proof the screenshot is yours. This can be done by having your PokéBeach account in another tab, or your account name on a Notepad. Whatever works to prove the screenshot was taken by you.

Extra Information and Terminology
Weeks: This is a game term to encompass all the game’s key phases. Each week consists of a Head of Household competition, a Nomination Ceremony, a Power of Veto competition, and an Eviction. Each week, someone will be evicted from the house until just two houseguests remain.

The Jury: Once a certain amount of houseguests have been evicted, houseguests evicted afterward will be put on the jury. This jury will decide who takes home victory at the end of the game. They may also ask each finalist one question to help decide whom they will vote for.
Setting and Flavour Text
In this game, you work as new employees to a popular maid cafe, working day and night to prove yourself as the greatest new server in town. No, I'm not kidding. This is real.

Due to returning to the same setting every day for work, this game depends heavily on your social status and your relationships with your coworkers-to-be. As different things happen in the game, keeping your workplace's view on you as positive as possible is important!

Different terminology will be used in this game to highlight the settings and themes. These terms will be accompanied by days of the week, starting with Monday to Thursday, allowing for Friday to be a day off, which will work as the houseguests' opportunities for End of Week. Here is a list as such:

Head of Household = Monday: Opening Shift
Nomination Ceremony = Tuesday: Work Evaluation
Power of Veto = Wednesday: Closing Shift
Eviction = Thursday: The Final Report
End of Week = Friday: Day Off

What's New
Reputation and Audience

In order to make things interesting, Sweet Sabotage will feature a Reputation system, affected by how your houseguests and audience members see you! Audience members are any people watching the game who are interested in being part of the game without directly playing. How high or low your reputation can effect things like your competition scores, popularity among the house, and might even offer distinct advantages or benefits.
Immediate effects of Reputation act as a mutliplier of your competition score, meaning that through the Reputation system, a skilled social player may be able to triumph over a weak social player who's strong at competitions.
A houseguest's final score of a competition will be their in-game score multiplied by a set amount based on reputation, depending on the scoring system of the chosen competition.

End of Week
For those who played BB4, the fan favourite End of Week system is returning!
At the end of every week, depending on how a player does in competitions, and the audience's opinions of how they play, their reputation has the chance to raise or lower.
Every houseguest will be given a prompt, with several options in order to complete it. Depending on your answers to these prompts, you may gain certain effects in the game, or lead to more and unique prompts if you stay in the game!

Warnings
Like the previous game, there will not be a competition penalty for inactivity warnings. However, your warnings are directly tied to your reputation. If you fail to submit for competitions, votes, or end of week prompts, you will lose reputation. The less you submit, the harsher your reputation penalty will become.
However, the host reserves the right to discuss inactivity with players below commitment expectations, which may lead to being removed from the game.
Before signing up, make sure to read the previous spoiler about the important details of this game!

Similar to the previous game, there will be an application process for those willing to play. The link to the application form can be found here: https://forms.gle/d7Fj79dPbFJRZnEV8
Applications will end in fourteen days, or on October 20th at 2:00PM PDT.
At the end of this period, a post will be made to the thread and every accepted houseguest will be notified, and the game will begin. The ideal house size for this game is between 12 and 16 people, with 14 being the ideal.

The application process allows you to show your commitment and opinions for the game, as well as supply me with necessary information such as where I can regularly contact you as a houseguest, and what challenges are available for you.

Last edited:

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
I made an error while writing this post! Applications are set to end on October 20th, 2019, and not October 10th like the OP suggested. A reminder that all sign-ups must be done through the application form listed in the OP, and that there will be an extension on application submission!

Applications are now open until October 27th, 2019 at 2:00PM PDT. This gives you just over 8 and a half days from the posting of this comment to submit!

Last edited:

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Game Start!

Thank you for your patience during the application period! Applications are now closed and the game is ready to finally begin! Due to our... interesting predicament of a lack of applications, all fourteen players who submitted an application will be accepted into the game! Therefore, if I call your name, welcome to Big Brother 7!

As per usual, you'll have the next 24 hours, or until October 28th at 2:00PM PDT to talk to your fellow houseguests, create alliances if desired, and do all that fun Week Zero stuff. You'll also be contacted by me shortly through your preferred method of communication in order to discuss anything necessary, and to welcome you. As for what lays in store for the rest of the game, well, you'll just have to wait and see, won't you? It's been a little while since I've been a hostess... <3

Last edited:

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
A reminder to both our new and old players however, if you're going to spend this next day to communicate with your fellow houseguests, the conversation must include me in it. Screenshots are also not allowed to be sent in these conversations. You're more than welcome to add me on Discord as I'll be opening your DMs very shortly for the game, or to create group conversations on PB and add me to those. Thanks!

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Week One - Monday: Opening Shift

COMPETITION:
Today you'll be serving... QUICK. DRIVE TAXI!!!

REGULATIONS:
You have until October 31st at 2:00PM PDT to submit for this competition! This gives you 72 hours. Future challenges may have this time limit reduced, based on the house's opinions of a fair length.
A reminder that you must include your name in your submission! As long as it's visible on-screen, drawn on or in something like a Notepad app, that's perfectly fine. All submissions must be made to the host in PokeBeach PMs, or in Discord DMs, and you will be notified if your submission is valid, or invalid.
Discussion in any alliance chats is allowed for this competition.

Ephemera: 0 | Fiery_Lugia: 0 | EurekaTingz: 0
Jadethepokemontrainer: 0 | Nature Girl Mae: 0 | mirdo: 0
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK: 0 | MCGRaven: 0 | Vom: 0

WARNINGS:
A reminder to all workers that not appearing for your shift will considerably lower your reputation. Several instances of absence will result in being fired, subject to your workplace rules.

IMPORTANT

It seems there's been a leak of info before the game started, I wonder who could have done that..? Privacy is important, and we can't have that...
As such, every player currently in the house who has testified to having seen this information publicly about the game has been banned from participating in this competition. This includes the following houseguests:
@MCGRaven @Celever @Fiery_Lugia @Vom @Jadethepokemontrainer

I told you my pre-release information was important. Also that I needed you to react to it so I knew you'd seen it. But we can't have an unfair advantage, can we?
Exiling people sounded like a fun first twist. After this competition, those of you who haven't seen the info about this game that was leaked previously, or never told me they saw it will receive all pre-release info about this game, to make things more fair. Have fun!~​

Last edited:

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
A reminder that you have 45 hours for your first competition, and that I still have yet to receive submissions from some of you. Get those in before you forget.

Last edited:

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Week One - Tuesday: Work Evaluation

Happy Halloween, houseguests! As it's the day for spooks and scares, here's another twist!

Anyone who played in and submitted a score for this HoH competition has been immediately evicted!

...I'm messing with you. You're all safe.

Now onto the actual results!

RESULTS:
1st place: @mirdo with 72,214 points (72,214 x1 reputation)
2nd place: @Ephemera with 66,317 points (66,317 x1 reputation)
3rd place: @Nature Girl Mae with 54,541 points (54,541 x1 reputation)

This means @mirdo is the game's first ever Head of Household! You have 24 hours from this post, or until November 1st, at 2:00PM PDT to name your two nominations for this week's Power of Veto competition!

Jadethepokemontrainer: 0 | Nature Girl Mae: 0 | mirdo: 0
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK: 0 | MCGRaven: 0 | Vom: 0

Last edited:

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
A short update, since I promised as such, here's the pre-release information the game has detailed that I exiled all these lovely houseguests for. Since the game has already started and the damage has been done, much to my amusement, I felt I'd let everyone in on the joke.

"Vetos are super important this game. The PoV is incredibly important because it's the best comp."

"In BB7, not only will you have to play well, but you'll have to make sure everyone loves you too! The way other players see you is incredibly important, meaning that dirty tricks and mean tactics will get you punished!

That is... unless you do it right."

Interpret this information however you like, but I'm sure you'll see what I mean soon enough. <3

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Week One - Wednesday: Closing Shift

Since mirdo has not selected their nominations, the nominations for this competition have been randomized. The following players have been nominated randomly:
Ephemera | EurekaTingz

Your first Closing Shift features the following players! No other player may participate in this competition!

WORKERS BOOKED:
@mirdo - Head of Household
@Ephemera - Nominee
@EurekaTingz - Nominee
@Nature Girl Mae - Random Draw
@Jadethepokemontrainer - Random Draw
@Amici - Random Draw

COMPETITION:
Today you'll be serving... Tetris!

REGULATIONS:
You have until November 4th at 2:00PM PDT to submit for this competition! This gives you 72 hours. A reminder that I'm open to discussion about how long competitions should last, especially at later stages in the game where the competition gets tighter! Any reductions in time limits will be based on the house's opinions of a fair length.
A reminder that you must include your name in your submission! As long as it's visible on-screen, drawn on or in something like a Notepad app, that's perfectly fine. All submissions must be made to the host in PokeBeach PMs, or in Discord DMs, and you will be notified if your submission is valid, or invalid.
Discussion in any alliance chats is allowed for this competition.

Your Reputation Bonus is 5% of what I earned playing this game for each point of reputation you have.
You will gain or lose 3,232 points per point of reputation for this competition.

WARNINGS:
One of you has failed to show for your shift. The following player(s) will receive a reputation penalty:
mirdo

REPUTATION CHANGES:
mirdo: -2 (-2)

Jadethepokemontrainer: 0 | Nature Girl Mae: 0 | mirdo: -2
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK: 0 | MCGRaven: 0 | Vom: 0​

Last edited:

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
A quick amendment to the competition. Since this is the first competition where your reputation will directly come into play and may affect your scores and performances, I'd like to clarify in detail how the system works for those who are unaware, which is all of you, because this is something new I've brought to the table.

Your reputation score is commonly (though not exclusively) a multiplier to your competition score. The multiplier is dependent on the competition, because the multiplier you receive is not of your own score, but instead of mine.

That's right, as a player known for competition strength, I will be playing every possible competition previous to releasing it to the houseguests, and your reputation will either be raised or lowered by a percentage of the score that I achieved. This means that reputation may benefit you or harm you more depending on the competition. From this point forwards, now that this has been explained, the amount of points you receive from your reputation bonus will be displayed in the regulation sections for each shift.

Every 1 point of reputation (which scales from +10 to -10) will give you 5% of the score I achieved. This means that by appealing to the audience and playing my game, you can earn up to 50% of my score, per competition. Reputation is important, everyone.

With that, the post above will be updated shortly to display this amount of points, and you are free to continue with your competition.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Week One - Veto Menu

The deadline for this competition has been reached, and I'm excited to reveal a new twist: The Veto Menu!
At this time, for the next several weeks, the winner of the competition for Wednesday's Closing Shift will have an important choice to make: Which Power of Veto they'll choose to use! There are several, and they're listed as such:

Double PoV: The veto holder may save neither, one, or both of the nominees.
Diamond PoV: The veto holder must also name a replacement nominee.
Secret PoV: The veto holder will remain anonymous. however, they are not immune to being renominated as a result.
Tricky PoV: If used, the vetoed nominee is given a task. if failed, the veto is discarded.
Volatile PoV: If the veto is used, the vetoed nominee must name a replacement.

Each Power of Veto can only be used once! This means you can also choose a certain veto in order to prevent its use later in the game. The power is yours.

In order to keep the legitimacy of the Secret PoV, the veto holder will not be revealed until they choose another veto. They will instead be contacted by me privately, and have 24 hours to make a choice. Once their choice has been made, scores and placements will be revealed for the competition as normal, and the veto holder must declare if they want to use the Power of Veto. The only exception of course is if the holder chooses the Secret PoV, where they must make their declaration privately to me, where I will announce it instead.

The winner of this week's competition and Power of Veto has been contacted by me! You have 25 hours, or until November 5th at 2:00PST (That's one hour later than usual deadlines due to Daylight Savings Time!) to make your decision.
Congratulations to everyone on their scores for this competition, and I'll see you shortly with more updates!​

Last edited:

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Week One - Wednesday: Closing Shift Evaluation

RESULTS:
1st place: @mirdo with 356,732 points (363,196 - 6,464 reputation)
2nd place: @Ephemera with 56,087 points (56,087 x1 reputation)
3rd place: @Nature Girl Mae with 54,743 points (54,743 x1 reputation)

Congrats to @mirdo for winning this competition by a landslide, as well as the first two competitions of the game!

VETO TYPE:
mirdo has chosen to use the Double Power of Veto this week, and use it on both the nominees. This means that both Ephemera and Flour are no longer nominees, or at risk for eviction.
From this point forwards, mirdo has 27.5 hours, or until November 6th at 2:00PM PST (it's actually PST and not PDT, I got confused and switched them so I'll have countdowns for the next few updates if necessary) to name two replacement nominees in-thread! Voting will then start once an update has been made.​

Last edited:

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
Alright. I got time to make it right.
As a little excuse to Flour and Ephe i decied to choose the double PoV first. Even if there are others that are possibly more powerful in the future. I hope that this show that I'm a fair and friendly HoH to all members of the house.

Now for the unfun part. Replacement noms.

First I choose Amici. Mostly because I don't know you and you are the most non factor for me so far. Don't be scared. You aren't the target.

Second up is Jade.
You know why. You are by far the strongest in the house so you are the only reasonable target at this stage that makes sense.
Don't see it as an insult. But as an honor.

This veto session is ajurned. (thats probably not how you spell that)

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Week One - Thursday: Final Report

Welcome, workers, to the final report. In a short amount of time, one of you will be fired, unable to continue playing the game or discuss the game with any of your fellow houseguests. The currently nominated houseguests are:
@Amici | @Jadethepokemontrainer

For those of you who haven't participated in a voting ceremony, all you have to do is message me privately in PMs or Discord PMs who you'd like to vote to evict, and remove from the game. But remember, while they'll no longer stand in your way to the top of the chain, they will become part of the audience, able to affect how the game plays, your reputation, and maybe some other fun little twists.~

You have until November 7th at 2:00PM PST to cast your vote for who you want to evict.
A reminder that not voting will cost you a reputation penalty, and that it will be harsher for votes. Once all votes have been received, regardless of deadline, an update will be released and one person will be evicted. You have until the deadline to change your vote, however the final vote cannot be changed, and your votes cannot be changed after the deadline.
@mirdo as current HoH may not vote, and may only vote in the case of a tie.

Have fun, houseguests, and good luck. It looks like one of you will need it.~​

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
RESULTS:
2nd place: @Nature Girl Mae with 54,743 points (54,743 x1 reputation)
3rd place: @Jadethepokemontrainer with 49,690 points (49,690 x1 reputation)

I messed up while writing this! These results are actually incorrect. Here are the proper results:

2nd place: @Ephemera with 56,087 points (56,087 x1 reputation)
3rd place: @Nature Girl Mae with 54,743 points (54,743 x1 reputation)

Thanks to Ephemera for bringing this to my attention, and I'll be more diligent with keeping records in the future. The quoted post above will be edited to show these proper results.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Week One - Thursday: The End

The week is over, and by a majority vote from all employees, the following workers have been evaluated:
Amici | Jadethepokemontrainer

This Thursday night, one of the two of you will be fired, unable to continue, and evicted from the game. Here are the results of the vote!
Jade
Amici
Amici
Jade
Amici
Amici
Amici
Jade
Amici

By a vote of 6-3, the first person to be fired, evicted from Big Brother: Sweet Sabotage...
is Amici. Thank you for playing!

Keep in touch with me, because as a member of the audience, you'll be given the ability to change how this game plays out, with special priority for being a houseguest of yours truly,that is!

These votes are not in a set order. They have been randomized to assure anonymity among those in question.

Everyone, thank you for your votes, and for your hard work! Otsukare!

Please enjoy the Friday off, and take the weekend and enjoy yourselves, as I'll have an End of Week prompt for you very shortly.

Audience! Along with your newest member, our recently evicted, you will be given a poll shortly, allowing you to dictate the reputation of our players! I'll be checking with you 24 hours before the start of our next week if necessary, to ensure that your participation has been appreciated properly.

You have 66 hours (if my math is correct) or until November 9th, at 2:00PM PST to fulfill whatever duties you have for End of Week! At that time, we'll see you back at the workplace for the start of Week 2!

EMPLOYEES REMAINING: 11

Last edited:

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Week Two - Monday: Opening Shift

Good morning everyone! Before we start your opening shift, I'd like to re-evaluate your reputation based on your choices and the audience's opinions of the game thus far:

REPUTATION CHANGES:
Alfze: +1 (+1)
Celever: -1 (-1)
EurekaTingz: +1, +2 (+3)
Fiery_Lugia: +1 (+1)
Nature Girl Mae: +1, +2 (+3)
mirdo: -1 (-3)
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK: +1 (+1)
MCGRaven: +1, -1 (0)

Alfze: +1 | Celever: -1 | Ephemera: 0 | Fiery_Lugia: +1 | EurekaTingz: +3
Jadethepokemontrainer: 0 | Nature Girl Mae: +3| mirdo: -3
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK: +1 | MCGRaven: 0 | Vom: 0

Now that you know your current reputation scores, let's start your next shift!

COMPETITION:
Today you'll be serving... Ultimate Bullseye II!

(Just letting you all know, there's a common problem people have with loading games on this site, and it's in the form of getting a gray screen. Talk to me if you experience this issue and I should be able to give you the solution.)

REGULATIONS:
You have until November 10th at 2:00PM PST to submit for this competition! This gives you 48 hours. A reminder that I'm open to discussion about how long competitions should last, especially at later stages in the game where the competition gets tighter! Any reductions in time limits will be based on the house's opinions of a fair length.
Discussion in any alliance chats is allowed for this competition, unless been previously declared otherwise by the hostess.
As the previous week's Head of Household, mirdo is unable to participate in this competition.

Your Reputation Bonus is 5% of what I earned playing this game for each point of reputation you have.
You will gain or lose 2.8 points per point of reputation for this competition.

TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK: +1 | MCGRaven: 0 | Vom: 0

WARNINGS:
A reminder to all workers that not appearing for your shift will considerably lower your reputation. Several instances of absence will result in being fired, subject to your workplace rules.​

Last edited:

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Week Two - Tuesday: Work Evaluation

RESULTS:
1st place: @EurekaTingz with 96.4 points (88 + 8.4 reputation)
2nd place: @Celever with 92.2 points (95 -2.8 reputation)
3rd place: @Fiery_Lugia with 51.8 points (49 + 2.8 reputation)

This means @EurekaTingz is this week's Head of Household! You have 24 hours from this post, or until November 11th, at 2:00PM PST to name your two nominations for this week's Power of Veto competition!

WARNINGS:
It's been the first competition already, and one of you has failed to show for your shift. The following player(s) will receive a reputation penalty:
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

REPUTATION CHANGES:
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK: -2 (-1)

TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK: -1 | MCGRaven: 0 | Vom: 0​

Last edited:

EurekaTingz

Aspiring Trainer
Alright, I have to make my nominations now. This isn't easy or fun for me, so don't take anything personal.

My first nominee is Nick (TeamAqua4Life). I haven't really communicated or connected with you at all in this game, so I don't know what your agenda is, or who you're working against.

My next nominee is Mae. Mae, we had a history and this isn't meant to be a move that "attacks" you at all, it's just I'm not sure if you're still trying to get me out.

As I said, this isn't fun and don't take this personal. Good luck in the veto! <3

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Week Two - Wednesday: Closing Shift

The following players have been nominated!
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK | Nature Girl Mae

This week's Closing Shift features the following players! No other player may participate in this competition!

WORKERS BOOKED:
@EurekaTingz - Head of Household
@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK - Nominee
@Nature Girl Mae - Nominee
@Alfze - Random Draw
@Ephemera - Random Draw
@MCGRaven - Random Draw

COMPETITION:
Today you'll be serving... Solipskier!

REGULATIONS:
You have until November 13th at 2:00PM PST to submit for this competition! This gives you 48 hours. A reminder that I'm open to discussion about how long competitions should last, especially at later stages in the game where the competition gets tighter! Any reductions in time limits will be based on the house's opinions of a fair length.
Discussion in any alliance chats is allowed for this competition, unless been previously declared otherwise by the hostess.

You will gain or lose 21,760,931 points per point of reputation for this competition.

Jadethepokemontrainer: 0 | Nature Girl Mae: +3 | mirdo: -3
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK: -1 | MCGRaven: 0 | Vom: 0​

Status
Not open for further replies.