• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

BR masters: T-taring (tyranitar prime/ursaring prime)

Byawpoonage

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon 24

2-2-2 T-tar prime
4-3 ursaring prime
4 sableye SF
1-1-1-1 flygon x
1-1 absol x
1 uxie

supporters/trainers/stadiums 20

2 interviewers questions
2 emcees chatter
2 professor elms training method
1 premier ball
2 switch
2 poke collector
2 rare candys
1 cynthias feelings
3 pokemon communication
2 engineers adjustment
1 broken time-space

energy 16

4 DCE
4 darkness energy
2 rainbow energy
6 dark energys

Strategy: this is a power deck, ursarings develop quickly while T-tar is a bit slower. usually try to lead with sableye for the quick donk, if not possible use its impersonate to help quickly set up my attackers. flygon is there to retreat my sableye and T-tar, can also be used to counter other lv X.

any advice would be greatly appreciated as this is the deck that i currently run.

RE: BR masters: T-taring

Hi there! I'm liking the deck! I have a few suggestions you for, though hehe.

a) I suggest taking Ursaring Prime out. I don't see how he's going to be helpful.

Pokemon:
4-3-4 Tyranitar Prime (you want to beef up your attacking line)
4 Spiritomb AR OR Sableye SF (Spiritomb is able to lock trainers while setting up your Tyranitar Primes. Sableye isn't bad either, though, as it can fetch you a Supporter card to set you up. I just feel like Spiritomb is the better play.)
2 Uxie LA (Uxie is your primary draw power, so running 2 is advised)
1 Unown Q (Does what Flygon does, at least for Spiritomb/Sableye.)
1 Azelf LA (You never know when something you need will be prized!)

Energy: 14 (16 is waaay too many!)
4 Double Colorless Energy
4 Special Darkness Energy
4 Basic Darkness Energy
2 Rainbow Energy

I know that's a lot of changes so far so I'll slow down a bit.

Your Trainer line is very... inconsistent. I'd definitely advise running 4 Bebe's Search (3 if you play Spiritomb), at least 3 Pokemon Collector, at least 2 Looker's Investigation, and 2-3 Copycat OR Cynthia's Feelings (whichever you like more.) Let me know how the changes go for you, should you decide to use them! Good luck!

whew, thats alot of changes. luckily i have almost all the cards u mentioned. ill put it together and give it a shot, also since i no longer have the ursaring would swapping the rainbows for 2 more dark be an alright move? also im removing the absol as well? or is that alright to stay? also i agree with taking the ursaring out as he has been rather ineffective for me so far, i just didnt know how to replace him.

I'm with AMT on this one, Ursaring and Flygon are not doing you any good and Spiritomb > Sableye as a starter.

alright, i made and tested out the deck with your suggestions. i used the sableye SF(im not the proud owner of that many spiritombs :( ) it ran decently at the very least i would say it was much more consistant than my last deck. the pure speed went down, but with the spiritomb i can see how it would go faster. and you cant argue with the raw power of tyranitar, im definetly a fan of the changes you made. thanks

It's okay to not run Spiritomb.

Consider adding in 2 more Rare Candy and another Broken Time-Space if you have those. That should help increase the speed.

Also, Absol is definitely not needed. Neat idea, though.. just not for Tyranitar.

Wow, someone actually took advice from a post about their deck and tested it? That's a first....

Anyways, I think T-Tar needs to be run in its own deck. Absol and Flygon both kind of take away from the theme of the deck, so I would remove them. I would replace them with a 1-1 Manetric(PL) to protect your bench and so it can KO pokemon with poke-powers faster. Next I would add in 2 more uxie. It is such a good draw card and it needs to be used to its full potential. For the rest of the spots, put in more trainers and supporters.

You also need to change your funky trainers and supporters. They are not the best options. You definently need 4 Bebe's and 4 Collectors. You also need at least 3 Rare Candy and Broken Time-Space. You also need a Palmer's for recovery. The rest is up to you.

alright, so this is what i now have

pokemon 21

4-3-4 T-tar
4 sableye
3 uxie
1 unknown Q
1 azelf
1-1 manectric PT

supporters/trainers/stadiums 25

3 rare candy
3 broken time-space
4 bebe's
1 palmers contribution
3 pokemon collector
1 cynthias feelings
2 copycat
2 lookers investigation
3 pokemon communication
1 switch
2 warp point

energy 14

4 DCE
4 darkness energy
5 dark energy
1 lightning energy.

alright, i have assembled this deck now but its late and have no body to test it against as of now. but i can definetly see how this deck is more consistant than my old deck though i still would use the spiritomb if i had them. if you have any other changes that could be made feel free to let me know. and ill let you guys know another day how these changes i have made workout.

Thanks.

Edit: made the changes u said, also added in that electrike lol forgot about him. though i did remove 1 pokemon collector because it seemed more often than not i had a collector sitting in my hand/deck that did very little for me. seems to be working well for me as of now, thanks for your help

You have a Manectric Pt. I'm assuming it's the Poke-Body one, yes? I ask this because you left out Electrike! :p

List actually looks really good now! A few more suggestions, haha:

-2 Pokemon Rescue
-1 Switch

+1 Pokemon Communication (You're not running Spiritomb, so a 3rd Communication is a good play.)
+2 Warp Point (Warp Point has won me so many games. It allows you to switch to a fresh Tyranitar *and* can disrupt your opponent.)

Glad to see you're taking advice! Good luck!

edited to make the changes you suggested. its running quite well now and consistantly. thanks for all your help and if theres anything else i can make changes to feel free to let me know.

Back