killers0820

Aspiring Trainer
Right now, all I have for the deck are:

2-2-2 Charizard AR
3-2-0 Typhlosion Prime
0-1 Ninetales HGSS
1 Interviewer’s Questions
1 Expert Belt

Obviously, I would like to run Charizard, Ninetales and Typhlosion Prime (for re-attaching energy). I'm going to buy cards online, and I need to know which cards are staples in a Charizard deck. Preferably, I'd like to keep the cost lower, but it's not a huge issue.
Thank you!

Please remember to include card scans when looking for combos/ideas. Thanks! ~Gliscor

Charizard (Arceus)
Ninetales (HGSS)
Typhlosion (Prime)

u pretty much have the basic pokemon list down.

id run a 4-3-4 charizard
2-1-2 typhlosion
2-2 ninetales

ull need bts, rare candy to have the fastest set up
also staple t/s/s like burned tower for energy recovery, prof oaks new theory, prof elm, pokemon comm, pokeball, lux ball, poke collector,
that kind of stuff
and i usually run around 12 fire energies

^Who runs Elm or Pokeball in Charizard? Anyways, the rest of the suggestions look good. I run a 4-2-4 Zard and I never have a shortage of Charmeleons, so I'm not too sure of how a 4-3-4 line would work. You'll also want to get your hands on some Shiny Vulpix SH6. While expensive(usually around 10 bucks a piece) they help your setup so much of you start with them. Since Roseanne's has been out of the format, Shiny Vulpix is your only reliable(IQ doesn't count) way of getting energy. You could run Bronzong SF for that, but since it hurts Fire Formation, nobody does. You also may or may not want to run a single Uxie. I find it helps out tremendously, but others feel it just gets in the way. Personal preference. Infernape 4 is also an amazing addition to any Zard deck and I'd NEVER remove him from my personal list. Intimidating Roar provides so much disruption it's awesome. Can't KO someone with Fire Wing? Intimidating Roar and force them to swap out. Tomb in the way? Roar it away. It can also be used to bait Sprays to some extent. It's a very versatile card.
A typical Zard line would look like this:

4-2-4 Charizard
2-1-2 Typhlosion Prime
2-2 Ninetales HGSS
1-1 Tech(Infernape 4, Blaziken FB, etc)

T/S/S lines vary from player to player, so I won't post one. Basically expect to run 2-3 BTS, 3-4 Candy(Charizard relies on a lot of them for speed) 2-3 Pokemon Communication, 3-4 Collector, 3 Bebe's Search, and other staples like that.

I think the infernape tech has potential, and yeah, the shiny vulpixes in the new meta are almost required. Thing is, Vulpix PL is still useful; one draws you out of energy floods, one draws you out of energy shortages. There is no real knowing which is going to help more in any given situation, I've had both of them work well for my setup.

^Exactly. That's why I run a 3-2 Ninetales. As wierd as it sounds, it actually helps. 2 Shiny and 1 Vulpix PL work great. It also helps since you want to start with Vulpix if you're not running Spiritomb.

Last season I ran 3-3 with 3 Vulpix PL due to lack of shinies...might try to get the shinies if I play it much this year.

actually i have noticed a faster (and better) approach to charizard is 4 rare candy and 2 shiny vulpix 1 UL plus three ninetales HS.

ummmm.... also FISHERMAN

I suggest that you buy two of the HG/SS Trainer hits. Each one comes with two pokemon communication and two pokemon collector - having 4 of each will help you off the ground. 2x communication and 2x collector is like 13-15 dollars... while the trainer kit itself is only 9-12 dollars.

I run Roast reveal Ninetales in my CharPhlosion and it works awesome! I agree with all of you and this deck goes well in tournaments.

They make a Charizard blister pack that comes with 1-1-1 charizard and a pack.:)
I recommend it.
Get the typhlosion in a tin.
That way you get what you need and more.
Once, I got a Shaymin x tin :)P) and got a Giritina x and a Palkia G from the packs in the tin.:D

This really has become a cheap deck to build! What do you guys think overall though: spiritomb, or not spiritomb? I'm running this for provincials. I have not updated since 2010 Autumn Battle Roads. Here is my decklist:

3-2-3 Charizard (imo optimal; though I could of sworn I ran 4 zards in here last tourney)
2-1-2 Typhlosion Prime
2-2 Ninetales with Vulpix PL
1-1 Rapidash AR tech
1 Uxie LA tech

4 Rare Candy
4 Super Scoop Up (what was I doing?)
3 Roseannes (obviously leaving)
2 BTS
2 Bebes
2 EBelt
2 Interviewers
2 Lookers
1 Communication
1 Palmers
1 Luxury Ball

13 Fire Energy

I'm sorta thinking infernape 4 could be a good tech, and honestly sometimes I'm longing for pluspowers. Rough Idea:

-2 Vulpix PL
-4 Super Scoop
-3 Roseannes
-2 Rare Candy

+2 Shiny Vulpix
+1 BTS
+2 Collector
+1 Bebes
+1-1 Infernape 4
+2 Spiritomb? Is it worth it?

The big question is: to tomb or not to tomb? I do have a lot of energy for retreats, energy accel from Typhlosion which makes retreating easier, and can use warp point to bring tomb back up when needed (though I obviously can't retreat tomb that way).

Cyclone Energy vs Warp Point vs Warp Energy debate in this deck?

There's a lot to Zard. I think it's tier 3 overall, but I think it can be a solid rogue deck if built VERY tightly. Let's try to get this ready to seriously compete at States!

This is how I'd run mine. Just to give another look of our beloved Charizard deck. :D I'm looking to make space for 2~3 Seekers. Will probably settle for a 3-2-3 Zard line.

Pokemon: 25
4 - 2 - 4 Charizard AR (10)
2 - 1 - 2 Typhlosion Prime (5)
2 - 2 Ninetales HS/CoL (4)
1 - 1 Infernape 4 lv x (2)
4 Spiritomb AR (4)

T/S/S: 24
3 Broken Time Space
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Rare Candy
3 Warp Points
3 Bebe's Search
2 Expert Belt
2 Fisherman
2 Pokemon Communication
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
1 Palmer's Contribution

Energy: 11
11 Fire Energy

The real question is: should we be running spiritomb, especially with all the trainers we depend on to set up?

Here's one more fun question: Rescue Energy, yay/nay? I'm leaning to nay, but it could come in handy to save ninetales.

Back