Buying packs vs ebay

you can't really get ANY card on ebay for under 2.00. The cards that are the most popular are going to be the ones that are going to fetch higher prices. I do agree with you though that it's better buying singles over packs if you are looking for specific cards.

But you also lose the element of randomness and surprise that comes with boosters. Also, a random booster with a Lv. X for ~$3.50 >>>>>>> a $30 Lv. X off eBay.

I agree, it is easier to buy from Ebay. And you can usually get a picture of the card, so no chance of getting a scratched or bent card. But collectors may like to buy packs or boxes. And if no one buys packs, poke TCG would die:(lol

CZHunter said:
But you also lose the element of randomness and surprise that comes with boosters. Also, a random booster with a Lv. X for ~$3.50 >>>>>>> a $30 Lv. X off eBay.

but most people trying to get a Lv. X will spend more than that on boosters....

and who doesnt LOVE opening boosters?!?!?!

Opening boosters makes it feel like Christmas. Especially when you don't get what you want, like that unworn sweater from your aunt.

let say u want a gallade you can get that on ebay for 4 bucks how much packs you have too buy to get a gallade who knows?but on the other hand openning boosters does feel like christmas and a really low chance of a lv x.

I'm still looking for a Gardivoir and Gallade, and I've bought about 8 boxes of boosters. On the other hand, I've gotten a couple of Garchomp LV. X and a couple of Lucario Lv. X. So it worked out for the best I spose.

opening packs is fun but ebay can be better for specific cards, but then again, thats why pokemon is a TCG. trading card game, so you can trade cards to other people for specific cards. plus ebay usually costs at least $4-5 per card cause they all charge at least $2 for shipping even though they could send a single card for $.42

I prefer buying packs, the odds look better as an average booster pack cost is $3.50 for like 7-10 cards, not to mention that I have spent about $60 buying booster packs and have a lv.x lucario, a lv.x honchkrow, an azelf, and a mew. How much are those cards on ebay, compared to $60 I spent buying booster packs? Not to mention that I have many other cards that I got in those booster packs, for the price of probably the two lv.x cards I have on ebay. Also if you buy a card on ebay you have to pay shipping and handiling,and you don't have to pay shipping and handiling for a booster pack. Then again I probably had a lot of luck on my side to get those cards too.

I'm in a dilemma, because in order to buy packs or off ebay, I still have to pay shipping. Boy does it get expensive shipping a 2 pound box.

pikachufan25 said:
I prefer buying packs, the odds look better as an average booster pack cost is $3.50 for like 7-10 cards, not to mention that I have spent about $60 buying booster packs and have a lv.x lucario, a lv.x honchkrow, an azelf, and a mew. How much are those cards on ebay, compared to $60 I spent buying booster packs? Not to mention that I have many other cards that I got in those booster packs, for the price of probably the two lv.x cards I have on ebay. Also if you buy a card on ebay you have to pay shipping and handiling,and you don't have to pay shipping and handiling for a booster pack. Then again I probably had a lot of luck on my side to get those cards too.

You can get a lucario x for like 7 to 11 bucks honchkrow x 12 tops azelf 1.00 and mew 2.00 thats 28 bucks with shipping ^^not even with good luck u can compare with ebay.

i see honchkrow lv x going for at least $20 on ebay without shipping and if you are talking about winning auctions then that is always a risk cause you could get outbid las minute.

Hmmm...

Karma controlling what you get in packs eh?

So if I were to punch a kid in the face would that mean I would forever get nothing but Magikarp?

15 Bux? That is pretty steep. I'd rather just buy a box. Got a box the other day that had 2 Lucario Lv. X, and and Electivire Lv. X.

Back