Cards from Booster Packs

1Pokemon_Master

Aspiring Trainer
What's the format of booster pack cards???? I don't buy boosters. Is it....

1 Rare Holo/Rare Reverse Holo/Level X
1 Rare Non Holo
1 Trainer
3 UC
4 C

Is that correct or is there a different format?

Thanks~!!!

Pretty much but not always a trainer commens before you hit the rare and stuff then rare and uncommens

1 Rare (Might be a holo, LV.X or normal Rare), 1 Reverse, 3 Uncommons (Includes Trainers) and 4 or 5 Commons.

4-5 Commons
1 RH Holo
Holo/X/Rare/Non-holo Rare (Disappointing.)
3 Uncommons.

Sometimes you can get errors. I've gotten packs with 8 commons, an uncommon and a Rare.

MAN! That's so dissapointing! It's nothing like the older boosters! The older boosters AT LEAST! had a Rare Holo. These new ones don't even guarantee a rare holo. That sucks!!!! Oh well. I hope the packs I get will be worth my X.

Remember, there are only 3 Lv.Xs per Box, older sets than SV contain less Lv.X cards as well...so it's a chance of about 15% to pull a Lv.X out of packs from a sealed box, others could have got the Lv.X's earlier than you though. That's why I wouldn't buy packs in stores, single cards or sealed boxes are much cheaper to get the stuff you need.

Soul Seeker said:
Remember, there are only 3 Lv.Xs per Box, older sets than SV contain less Lv.X cards as well...so it's a chance of about 15% to pull a Lv.X out of packs from a sealed box, others could have got the Lv.X's earlier than you though. That's why I wouldn't buy packs in stores, single cards or sealed boxes are much cheaper to get the stuff you need.

yeah, that's true, esp. with only 3 x's per box.

it's cool. i like opening packs, so i look forward to it.

thanks!

The format is...

5X Common (Can be Trainer/Pokemon)
3X Uncommon (Can be Trainer/Pokemon)
1X Reverse Holo (Can be Trainer/Pokemon)
1X Holo Rare/Rare (Can be Trainer/Energy/Pokemon/Shinies/Reprints/LV. X/ex/Great/LEGEND)

Hope I helped you! :)

grasspokemonmaster said:
The format is...

1X Reverse Holo (Can be Trainer/Pokemon)
1X Holo Rare/Rare (Can be Trainer/Energy/Pokemon/Shinies/Reprints/LV. X/ex/Great/LEGEND)

yes, that was VERY clear. thank you!

Even in the oldest of sets (base-rocket) you weren't guaranteed a holo, it was a 1 in 3 chance. I don't think any sets had the ratio you described, at least not in English.

esperante said:
Even in the oldest of sets (base-rocket) you weren't guaranteed a holo, it was a 1 in 3 chance. I don't think any sets had the ratio you described, at least not in English.

good point. all the packs i've opened were japanese. at least with the japanese gym packs, i received 1 holo, 1 rare, 1 trainer, 3 UC, and 4 C. i thought it was like that for all. guess i was wrong. but it's cool. if my trade goes through, i'll find out for sure how the packs work.

thanks!

grasspokemonmaster said:
The format is...

1X Reverse Holo (Can be Trainer/Pokemon/Shiny)
1X Holo Rare/Rare (Can be Trainer/Energy/Pokemon/Reprints/LV. X/ex/Great/LEGEND)

Fixed (Shinies count as RH).

Diamond and Pearl can have a basic energy card in a pack, because it counts as a common, but no set since DP has had Basic Energy in it.

As for the OP, here is how it goes:

1 Rare
1 RH
3 Uncommon
5 Common

You get a holo in about 1 in every 3 packs, and you get a Level X in about 1 in every 15-18 packs. (for sets LA-on)
]

Back