• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Charizard EX / Delphox / Magnezone

yo_chocola

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 3 Charizard EX 12-FF
    2 Magnezone 46-PLS
    2 Magnemite PLS
    2 Delphox XY
    2 Fennekin KSS
    1 Keldeo EX BCR/LTR/PR
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Blacksmith FF
    4 Juniper
    3 N
    3 Skyla
    2 Lysandre
    1 Pokemon Fan Club FF
    3 Fiery Torch FF
    4 Ultra Ball
    3 Rare Candy
    2 Float Stone
    4 Muscle Band
    1 Pal Pad FF
    1 Startling Megaphone FF
    1 Professors Letter
Energy:

• 8 Fire
    4 Double Colourless

Strategy:
The main idea with this deck is to get Charizard EX out and get the necessary energy on it to use Combustion Blast by getting Fire energy in the discard using Juniper, Ultra Ball and Fiery Torch and Blacksmithing two energy along with a manual DCE attachment or even another Blacksmith (made possible with Magnezone's Dual Brains which we will get onto next. This strategy needs a supporting cast and I have decided to include Magezone for its ability which allows you to play two supporters in one turn allowing you to play a draw supporter and a Blacksmith in the same turn or potentially Skyla for a Blacksmith and play it that way. Another Pokemon that I have chosen to include is Delphox as both a non-basic attacker (due to my predicted popularity of Pyroar FF) and as additional draw support to improve consistency. Delphox can be powered up with a Blacksmith and a manual attachment to one shot a Pyroar or any Grass weak Pokemon or two shot an EX. Finally we have Keldeo EX with a couple of Float Stone to help mitigate the problem of not being able to use the same Charizard twice in a row and Keldeo allows you to Rush In and retreat into a fresh Charizard and keep on attacking. Onto a couple of the trainers now - Muscle Band is so that Charizard can hit for 170, knocking out many popular EXs. Rare Candy is so that we can get our Stage 2 Pokemon out and the rest I believe that I have been through already or are fairly self explainitory. Let me know what you think of my idea and provide any advice that you may feel necessary and thanks in advance :)

Consider the following thoughts:

In order to continuously stream Charizard's Combustion Blast attacks, you'll need access to Keldeo EX and a Float Stone. That said, if your lone Keldeo EX is ever prized, your deck would probably falter. So, I'd suggest adding 1 more Keldeo EX to increase your chances of having at least 1 of these Poké available.

There are a number of "playable" 180 HP Poké (e.g., Black Kyurem EX, Blastoise EX, Darkrai EX, Dialga EX, Entei EX, Lugia EX, etc.) you may encounter. You may need to increase your max damage output to get to 180 by adding a few Ht Lasers.

I'd suggest:

-1 Skyla
-1 Pokémon Fan Club
-1 Muscle Band

+1 Keldeo EX
+2 Ht Laser

TuxedoBlack said:
Consider the following thoughts:

In order to continuously stream Charizard's Combustion Blast attacks, you'll need access to Keldeo EX and a Float Stone. That said, if your lone Keldeo EX is ever prized, your deck would probably falter. So, I'd suggest adding 1 more Keldeo EX to increase your chances of having at least 1 of these Poké available.

There are a number of "playable" 180 HP Poké (e.g., Black Kyurem EX, Blastoise EX, Darkrai EX, Dialga EX, Entei EX, Lugia EX, etc.) you may encounter. You may need to increase your max damage output to get to 180 by adding a few Ht Lasers.

I'd suggest:

-1 Skyla
-1 Pokémon Fan Club
-1 Muscle Band

+1 Keldeo EX
+2 Ht Laser

That seems like a good idea, I will definitely test a lot after pre-release on Saturday and see what works best, thanks :)

Back