• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

CKE (Cobalion/Kyurem/Electrode Prime)

Shun

Aspiring Trainer
Hey. Here's deck I currently use.

Pokemon: 11/3 14 total
3-3 Electrode Prime
3 Cobalion NV
2 Kyurem NV
1 Terrakion NV
1 Heatmor NV
1 Shaymin UL

Trainers: 14/16 30
3 Pokemon Collector
4 N
4 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Sage's Training

3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Junk Arm
2 Xtransceiver/Pokegear 3.0
2 Pokemon Communication
2 Eviolite
2 Switch
2 Super Rod

Energy: 16
4 Rainbow Energy
4 Special Metal Energy
4 Metal Energy
3 Water Energy
1 Fighting/Fire Energy

Strategy: Setup ASAP Electrode Prime and use it's power to load energies on other Pokemon. Cobalion it's main attacker with his Iron Breaker, which block Defending Pokemon from attack. He's pretty bulky - 120 HP, Sp. Metal and Eviolite gave him huge defense. Kyurem works as a counter to Fire Pokemon (coughreshiramcough) and as spreader to kill pokemon on bench (often these which retreat from Iron Breaker). Terrakion helps against Zekrom, Magnezone and Cincinno which are some problem. Heatmor is Durant punisher (really, read the Pokedex entry) which it's really bad matchup. Heatmor discard Eviolite's and burn them. Also it works against the mirror.

Trainers ale mostly staples. I run 3 Collector since I have 2 Xtransceiver (I still don't know if it's better than Pokegear) and often Sage grab these basic. Juniper is horrible card, since it's often deckout me. N works well with Electrode, since it's give opponent less hand cards. Super Rods are to recover Energies and helps with discarding from Energymite.

16 Energies is must, since Electrode need them to load. Metal and Water for obvious reasons. Rainbow works well with Terrakion and Heatmor (and Voltorb) and one Fire/Fighting (not decided) for techs.

What you think about? What cards (Xtranceiver/Pokegear and Fire/Fighting) run?
Thanks for all ideas.

Sounds like a deck that they have in japan. You should run 3-4 Twins since you WILL be behind in prizes, its part of your plan to be anyways. Also Pokegear 3.0 > Xtran because of the coin flip. I get why Heatmor is there but he just seems like wasted focus.

Choose Fighting over Fire
Choose Pokegear over Xtran

- 4 N
- 1 Heatmor

+ 3 Twins
+ 2 Flower Shop Lady

Back