Help Clarifying some cards attacks

Xsscdacosta

Aspiring Trainer
Hi, everyone.

I'm having an issue in trying to understand how to properly use my jolteon (135/165) linear attack and umbreon (130/197) feint attack. Their text say these attacks deal damage to one of your opponent's pokemon, but I don't think its clear if you are able to choose the target or if it's chosen at random. Can someone help me with that, and tell if is there an official pokemon tcg site where I can find a major rule for cases like that? Thank you all.

Attachments

• 17259654221158061704162663552964.jpg
    17259654221158061704162663552964.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
You can choose the Pokémon to which you want to apply the damage. AFAIK there is no card that targets a Pokémon at random. Some cards like that have existed back in the days in the GameBoy TCG game because the game itself is able to decide at random, but those effects were all changed for the cards that saw a physical release because there is no official method to physically determine a random target in the Pokémon TCG.

You can choose the Pokémon to which you want to apply the damage. AFAIK there is no card that targets a Pokémon at random. Some cards like that have existed back in the days in the GameBoy TCG game because the game itself is able to decide at random, but those effects were all changed for the cards that saw a physical release because there is no official method to physically determine a random target in the Pokémon TCG.
I mostly played the videogame so that's why I have some issues concerning the physical game. But you really helped a lot. Thank you very much!!!

Back