Claydol in a Deck

tarealex

lexyisadangerzone<3
I just traded for my first Claydol at League on Sunday. I know, I'm behind on the times. I was curious what people think about including him in a deck. Do you think it's okay to run a 1-1 Claydol line, or would I be better off not including him at all?

Claydol is usually used in like every deck. I'd recommend trading for another one, and incorporating a 2-2 line.

2-2 claydol is better, but if 1-1 is all you have, try to play an azelf LA to fetch it out of your prizes when it's in there.

That's depend on your playstyle. Running claydol have risk of sniped and baltoy start. Some people prefer uxie and draw supporter more.

Draw supporters = Epic Fail, now that Steven's has left the format.

If you're running Claydol, unless you're really stuck for room, go 2-2. I can't tell you how many times I've played against people with their Baltoys prized. XD

IMO, in decks like Kingdra (that are relatively simple), running Claydol and Uxie is a good idea. A Roseanne's/Bebe's/Luxury Ball to search for a Uxie to get you 3-4 cards T1 can ensure that you get that early Claydol. Also, the Lv X is alright in terms of drawpower as well.

I would say that you can play 1-1, as long as you have some kind of start. That way you can get Baltoy out of your deck early, and then T2 the Claydol. If you don't play a starter, then go try to find some Uxies (You don't really need the Lv.X anyway) Uxie is better than Claydol in starterless decks by far. Also they are quite cheeper and easier to get.

I do play Azelf, but I don't have Uxie. I'm going to try to trade for another Claydol, but people are very reluctant to trade him away.

Is it difficult to get into trading here on the forums? :/

tarealex said:
I do play Azelf, but I don't have Uxie. I'm going to try to trade for another Claydol, but people are very reluctant to trade him away.

Is it difficult to get into trading here on the forums? :/

yes it is, as many people play it for themselves.
i have one for trade, the question is, what do you have to offer?

This kind of thing is only set up in the 'Trade Corner'. Please refrian. -MylesPrower

The only thing I have from your wants list is Drifblim (SF). I'm not sure if you would do that trade, but I'm from the US and would be reluctant to trade overseas on my first e-trade. :/

tarealex said:
The only thing I have from your wants list is Drifblim (SF). I'm not sure if you would do that trade, but I'm from the US and would be reluctant to trade overseas on my first e-trade. :/

oh i have a new want: entei SW, do you have that, ore 3 ponyta DP?

Ariadosguy said:
Draw supporters = Epic Fail, now that Steven's has left the format.
Not true. Even when Steven's left, Rowans (with an all powerful Uxie) and Felicity's have some great power, even if you can't draw 5/6 cards easily.

1-1 Claydol seems weak, but if that's all you have, you might as well just play it... depending on the decks you have. I built many decks and none of them ran Claydol. I obviously did not play Machamp because of that, but it's possible to play without it. Uxie, Bronzong are sometimes better possibilities than Claydol in a few cases. Setup decks are also able to remove the need for Claydol.

Back