BW/BW2 Compatibility Issues?

Hamferno

Aspiring Trainer
Will Pokemon Black and White support WPA/WPA2 connection to the internet? The DSi does, but does the game cartridge, because you also must connect the Pokemon HeartGold cartridge to a WEP connection. :(

I believe that it does. The if the DSi supports it, than the game should. There shouldn't be a difference. It wouldn't make sense to have a game that doesn't support a Nintendo approved conection. You should be fine.

It should work for Heartgold and Soulsilver. I have a WPA connection at my house and it works fine for all of my games.

Idk, every DS game I've tried to connect to the internet thus far is unable to go through my WPA connection, thus I always have to switch it to a WEP for the time being. Part of this reasoning I believe is that when you go to the internet connections on the DSi, it gives you 3 basic connections. And those first 3 are what are used for games and it seems like they never support WPA. You'd have to go to the advanced connections which are 4-6 to connect a WPA. While it allows you to browse the internet and such, you can't connect with games.

Back