Collecting COMPLETE 1997-1997 PIKACHU COLLECTION

BBalbirnie

Aspiring Trainer
Sorry in advance if there is already a buy/sell forum, I am new to the forum.

I am looking to part ways with my Pikachu collection and recently posted it for sale on eBay. Here is the link to the sale and below is all the information for the cards included. Thanks, everyone!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225938088804

Selling my complete MINT collection of Pikachu cards consisting of every card, including all error cards, misprints, and print run variations from the first two years of Pokemon's release in Japan.

Every card has been fully authenticated and graded. Grades range from 6 to 9.5 from PSA, CGC, and Beckett. There is 1 grade 6, 1 grade 7, 11 grade 8, 1 grade 8.5, 8 grade 9, 1 grade 9.5.

Two notable callouts from the collection: The 8.5 graded geometric Topsun holo card is over-graded in my opinion and compares most similarly to a PSA 7. Lastly, the grade 6 Unscratched Tomy Scratch card is under-graded in my opinion, and compares favorably to a PSA 8.

The 23-card collection consists of the following:

2 -
1996 Pokemon Japanese Bandai Carddass Vending: “Green Version” cards were released in late September 1996. Despite the first release of cards being called the “Green Version,” it contained green and red cards in the first release. The “Red Version” second run also contained both green and red-faced cards.

2 - 1996 Media Factory Corocoro Comics 2-Card Release: In the November issue of Corocoro magazine released to the public on October 15th, 1996. Corocoro magazine released Pikachu and Jigglypuff cards a few days earlier than the main TCG. The rare fragile glossy card is the first print run that was later followed up by a promo non-glossy ivy card.

2 - 1996 Media Factory Japanese Base Set: The Media Factory set was released on October 20, 1996. Error no rarity symbol cards are considered the first print run of the main trading card game, followed by the normal rarity symbol cards.

5 - 1997 Topsun Cards: The official release date of the “1995” Topsun cards was in March 1997 in packs of gum. Blue Back cards were released first, with the no-number cards the first print run, followed by Green Back, and then a rare holofoil, which has shattered ice and geometrical print variations.

1 - 1997 Japanese Jungle Cards: Pokémon Jungle was the second expansion in the Pokémon Card Game, the Japanese expansion was released on March 5, 1997.

3 - 1997 Bandai Cardass: Part 3 of the Bandai Carddass cards was released in April of 1997 and Part 4 was released in June of 1997.

1 - 1997 Tomy Pokémon Scratch: The cards were released in May 1997. These cards are called "scratch cards" because they had to be scratched off to reveal messages that dictated how the game was played. Unscratched variants are extremely rare.

2 - 1997 Meiji Get: In mid-1997 Meiji Get cards were released in packs of chocolate. There is regular foil and rarer gold foil.

1 - 1997 CoroCoro Comics Surfing Pikachu-Glossy: First available as an Unnumbered Promotional card on a two-card insert in the September 1997 issue of CoroCoro Comic, released on August 15, 1997.

1 - 1997 Surfing Pikachu #25 (MT. FUJI-STAMP RALLY): Released in August 1997 through the Japan Railways Group (JR) Stamp Rally. The card was available for two days during the JR East Pokémon Stamp Rally, which ran from August 9 to 17, 1997 on the Yamanote Line.

1 - 1997 Pikachu #25 (TOYOTA PROMO): From October through December 1997, customers who went to Toyota Auto dealerships around Japan could receive a pamphlet with two promo cards in it.

1 - 1997 CoroCoro Comics Balloon Pikachu-Glossy: First available as an Unnumbered Promotional card on an insert in the November 1997 issue of CoroCoro Comic, released on October 15, 1997.

1 - 1997 Pikachu #25 (WHF SPECIAL SHEET): Released in December 1997 at the World Hobby Fair.

Back