• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Crobat (No Energy)

ScottSpain

Life Coach for Gamers
UPDATED 12/28/14

Pokemon:

• 4-4-4 Crobat PF
    2 Sigilyph LT
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Dimensional Valley
    2 Float Stone
    4 Max Potion
    2 Muscle Band
    3 Robo Substitute
    1 Scoop-Up Cyclone
    2 Startling Megaphone
    4 Super Scoop Up
    4 Ultra Ball
    4 Vs Seeker

4 N
    4 Professor Juniper
    2 Skyla
    4 AZ
    2 Colress
Energy:

• None!

Strategy:
Trying not to be the "No Energy Guy", but I can't help myself sometimes...

Someone told me an energy-less build of Crobat was possible, so I decided to go for it. I haven't done a ton of research on which psychic types get free attacks with Dimensional Valley, but I assumed Mew is the best out of all of them, since I could snatch quite a few attacks from other popular decks.

Thoughts?

Every deck plays Stadium cards, and relying on yours to provide your attack cost is a really risky idea. If you want to take that risk, then be my guest. But otherwise, I would recommend at least 4 Psychic Energy.

Try playing Gothitelle FUF to get your stadiums back in play. Also, try 3 or 4 VS Seeker to get back AZ to get back Crobats and N to slow down your opponent.

GadgetJax said:
Every deck plays Stadium cards, and relying on yours to provide your attack cost is a really risky idea. If you want to take that risk, then be my guest. But otherwise, I would recommend at least 4 Psychic Energy.
That may be true. I don't plan on pulling the trigger until I can actually attack decently. Otherwise, I plan being careful.
NintendoAlian said:
Try playing Gothitelle FUF to get your stadiums back in play. Also, try 3 or 4 VS Seeker to get back AZ to get back Crobats and N to slow down your opponent.
I was worried about overdoing it, but you have a point.
OblivionDvdr said:
Don't run evosoda; you won't get the damage
Got it. Changing.
TuxedoBlack said:
Btw, what are your plans against decks like Seismitoad and Garbodor?
Scoop, pretty much. lol

Could you update the deck list with your changes (like Evosoda)?
Also, I wouldn't find the Muscle Band/Silver Bangles useful as the boost damage on your opponents Active Pokemon ONLY.
Lysandre is basically useless as well, since you can snipe Mr Mime with damage counters when necessary.
For Mew, I don't think there is too many single colourless energy attacks out there worth using (really only Gengar and Manetric may be useful, if at all); it may be better to use walls instead.
I don't find Celebi too useful (10 each is not really much), and I honestly think Jirachi just clutters the bench.
Your Crobot have free retreat so switch is not really needed, IMO float stones would be much better.

My suggestions:
-2 Evosoda
-2 Silver Bangle
-2 Switch
-2 Lysandre
-2 Mew-EX
-1 Jirachi-EX
-1 Celebi-EX
+2 Skyla (You need the items)
+1 VS Seeker (Consistency)
+2 Sigilyph LT (Walling EXs)
+2 Float Stone
+3 Robo Subsitutes (More walling)/ +2 Robo Subsitutes and +1 Lysandre's Trump Card
+2 Roller Skates (Draw power)/+2 Sacred Ash (Get back Pokemon)/+2 AZ (Consistency)

PokeBoss123 said:
How do you attack with Crobat?

???
Probably asking a really stupid question, but answer me anyways

Dimensional Valley gives Crobot a free attack cost.
33-crobat.jpg
93-dimensional-valley.jpg

PokeBoss123 said:
Oops, got mixed up with another Crobat.

Lol. It's all good. I know they're a ton of decks like this.

Sidenote, are there any walls comparable to Sigilyph for Non-EX's?

ScottSpain said:
PokeBoss123 said:

You can have Pyroar for basics, but that's about it.

ScottSpain said:
PokeBoss123 said:

There's also Latias EX and Aegislash EX to block ability attackers and attackers with special energy respectively but they both give up two prizes

joleson490 said:
ScottSpain said:

There's also Latias EX and Aegislash EX to block ability attackers and attackers with special energy respectively but they both give up two prizes

Ah... Thanks for the tech! I may find a way to squeeze them in or hold on to a couple for metagaming.

Intersting deck although I would run some energy....just my opinion. Interesting nontheless.

Woobuffet would also act as a good barricade as it would not effect your ability's being they are psychic

SubStripSanta said:
Intersting deck although I would run some energy....just my opinion. Interesting nontheless.

Woobuffet would also act as a good barricade as it would not effect your ability's being they are psychic

Id also consider a sacred ash in case you run into some early trouble.

Back