• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

*DARKRAI EX DECK* Using for upcoming battle roads! HELP!!!

GenesectKing

Aspiring Trainer
~Pokemon- 14~
Zorua (BW: Dark Explorers) x4
Zoroark (BW:Dark Explorers) x3
Shaymin EX x2
Mewtwo EX x1
Darkrai EX x2
Cleffa x2

~T/S/S - 30~
Collector x3
Catcher x3
Max Potion x4
Pluspower x4
Communications x2
Dark Patch x3
Eviolite x3
Juniper x3
N x4

~Energy- 18~
{D} x6
SPECIAL {D} x4
PRISM {C} x4
{C}{C} x4

------ Darkrai EX------- HP 180
Ability: Dark Cloak
As long as this Pokemon is in play, all of your Pokemon with any {D} Energy attached to them have no Retreat cost.

{D}{D}{C} Night Spear
90 damage. Choose 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon, and this attack also does 30 damage to that Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance when damaging the Bench.)

Pokemon-EX Rule: When Pokemon-EX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2
-----------------------

-----Dark Patch-------- Trainer Item
Choose 1 Basic Darkness Energy card from your discard pile and attach it to one of your Benched Darkness-type Pokemon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strategy: Get out at least 1 Darkrai EX on the first or second turn. Usually by using Pokemon Collector. Now, the pokemon with a high retreat cost is 0 with 1 of the colorless energies needed using 1 {D} in that colorless' place. Same w/ Mewtwo EX also used for it's strong attack. Reuniclus is used for moving damage around my bench and/or Active. Max Potion takes off whatever damage is put on reuniclus.

I don't see the purpose of the deck. What does it do better than a more typical Dark rush build? If you are playing Reuniclus, it just makes you waste time setting up when you could be attacking, and Regigigas takes too long to set up manually to be worth it. I see the concept on paper, I don't see it working in actual play.

Also, unless those Shaymin are Shaymin EX, you seem to autoscoop to Terrakion. You probably do even with Shaymin EX, actually.

Can you elaborate more on how exactly this runs, hopefully with more than ideals? I'm assuming you just forgot Reuniclus, because Max Potioning a Regigigas that was attacking is going to eat your energy alive and you'll never attack past turn 4 viably. Sorry that this post was overly pessimistic, I can't find a better way to word some of this, I just don't see it working in practice.

Back