Deck to beat EelZone?

Blastagator

Kingdra Player!
Does anyone know a deck that consistently beats EelZone? I can't seem to find anything but LaKE but I don't have everything for it. I would like to know a deck in the HS/NV format that can beat it consistently. Thanks!

Durant gives it quite a bit of trouble. They burn through Magnetic Draws and Sage's if they're not smart.

I've run Durant for a while and every time I go against a Magnezone I lose. I don't have any idea how, but they just do. I barely even beat a PrimeTime deck with it. I also ran the Truth and the only way I could beat it was to get a T2 Vileplume and hope they don't have a good hand.

Also, the use of Terrakion in CaKE is good also against EelZone. Or Donphan and Dragons with some PlusPower to KO Magnezones.

also try thundurus I was playing 2 of them against an Eelzone deck and destroyed it.

Blastagator said:
I've run Durant for a while and every time I go against a Magnezone I lose. I don't have any idea how, but they just do. I barely even beat a PrimeTime deck with it. I also ran the Truth and the only way I could beat it was to get a T2 Vileplume and hope they don't have a good hand.

In the truth, what you have to do is make the EelZone player have to Lost Burn too many energy by sending up Donphans (4 energy required for ko) and dragons/musketeers (3 energy required for ko). I have beat EelZone before, but also have lost to EelZone before (using The Truth).

Donphan and Terrakion are fairly obvious, however, if they are playing Tornadus, it is still a difficult match up. I think the decks in the format that have the best match ups against Zone Eels are The Truth, Durant, and Donphan Dragons. I wouldn't recommend anything with Electrode, giving Magnezone Eels a free early game prize is big, and if your Energymite doesn't go over too well, you will lose.

6 corners? you can most likely beat Eelzone with terrakion and everything else in the deck can take care of everything else.

Not if they play Zekrom, it isn't; 6Corners is actually a very winnable matchup for The Thunderdome, because of the reactionary nature of the deck. Using Zekrom and Thundurus early on efficiently, and using the better speed, recovery and overall setup of The Thunderdome to full advantage, you can simply win by taking two Knockouts with your Basics and then Powering through with Magnezone from then on.

Magnetic Draw, Junk Arm and Catcher will win you the game, if you play smart and have a good list (and don't get donked by Leaf Wallop 0_0).

Just don't walk into Terrakion (Catcher it and kill it), and target down their energy if they don't have Terrakion yet (Catcher and KO whatever has the Energy), because after all, you don't want them dropping Shaymin to get you with a surprise Retaliate. The Strength of 6Corners is that it is very durable with Eviolites and uses Type Advantage against everything, but its weakness is that it is very difficult to keep on playing when your opponent just powers through your defenses. 6Corners just can't attach energy fast enough to recover from having its attacker quickly knocked out, and the Thunderdome can abuse that with impunity.

Back