Deluxe Bomb from Stellar Miracle!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Deluxe Bomb has just been revealed from Stellar Miracle, which releases in Japan on July 19th. We expect its cards to become part of our Stellar Crown on September 13th.
Deluxe Bomb – Trainer
Pokémon Tool (ACE SPEC)
If the Pokémon this card is attached to is in the Active Spot and is damaged by an attack from your opponent’s Pokémon (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out), put 12 damage counters on the Attacking Pokémon. Then, discard this card.
You may attach any number of Pokémon Tools to your Pokémon during your turn. You may attach only 1 Pokémon Tool to each Pokémon, and it stays attached.
ACE SPEC: You can’t have more than 1 ACE SPEC card in your deck.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Without an easy way to recycle it currently avilable, I think this is pretty underwhelming. I feel like it would have had to at least present a self-contained 2HKO on stage 2 exs to be seriously considerable otherwise.

I feel a Rock Wall reprint would've been better in its place, but at least bomb does twice the damage

Wow this card has way too few advantages over Giant Bomb to be printed as an ace spec. Still, funny card.

It should stay on the Pokemon instead of being discarded

Now that I think about it, I thought that the next rotation with Lost Vacuum leaving the format will mean the raise on some Ace Spec Tools but Rosaennes Back Up will leave as well, so there will no way to get tool backs

It's worth noting that G and H don't have any Tool discard Trainers. As the format cleanses itself towards H-on, these Tool AceSpecs are going to gain power. I also expect any future effects of that type on Trainers to mention "except Ace Spec cards".

I feel the reason this card is bad is the "Discard this card" if it had a limit to lets say 3 times that would be kinda good. We have enough things to counter tools that it wouldn't be OP. Lost vacuum, Jamming tower, And we have ways to kill the pokemon its on without the tool activating like damage counters. Plus it says active spot so an easy bench snipe can get rid of it. 3/10 Better than the laser

I guess an underwhelming Ace Spec is always better than a Computer Search reprint 🤷‍♂️

I’d love to see what would happen if it was an instant KO on the attacking Pokémon—wait, no, I wouldn’t.

Wake up babe, new worst Ace Spec just dropped.

You know, just giving these tools protection would make them usable...

Back