DeNA Developing “Pokemon TCG Pocket” Under Rebranded Pokemon Subsidiary with 50 Million Yen Capital

I hope Pocket takes off well enough that TPC and TPCi can seriously consider transferring TCG Live development to DeNA instead.

That seems... low? Where are the employees' paychecks coming from?
Yeah... Unless "operating expenses" doesn't include salaries, they're really working with a shoestring budget. Maybe that's just the startup capital, and they're relying on revenue movnig forward?

This game may be okay for super casual players and newcomers, but anyone with higher experience might want to just play TCG Live
The issue with TCG live is that, besides having horrible matchmaking, it's incredibly buggy and amplifies internet connection issues. I have tried giving TCG Live a shot twice but each time I had to quit because it was physically impossible to play. If it weren't stopping me from logging in for hours at a time, I was being kicked from matches due to the game's inherently bad internet stability as well as the area of the town I live in having frustratingly mid internet as well. And even if I could stay connected, it's not like I had much to do- if you can't win tens and tens of times a day, you aren't leveling up in the battle pass- hence, there's nothing to do. I often found myself stuck in the same 2-4 tiers for days.

Long story short, I think if TCG Pocket is well-made (it probably will be because it's made by DeNA and not niantic or TiMi), it'll probably take about 30-40% of Live's playerbase. Live is just that awful 😭

ONLY 50 MILLION YEN?!? That's enough for like, 5 dedicated developers in an annual scope...
I mean...I personally wouldn't mind a mobile pokemon game made by a couple of very passionate folks. I think we can all agree that the games that tend to show the most heart and dedication, as well as shine with the most personality+individuality from its developers tend to be indie games- Undertale, Rumbleverse, Hollow Knight, Marble It Up, A Robot Named Fight, Hexguardians, etc. If a small team is what it takes to not get another Unite or GO, let's see what they cook : ]

Back