Ruling Ditto!

HistoryWak

Aspiring Trainer
Can someone explain how fossil ditto is used correctly? I know that it transforms into the opponent's pokemon and aquires everything except the opponent's pokepower, correct? When ditto knocks out an opponent, does it transform back to its regular form until its next turn or does it automatically transform into the new opponent's pokemon when the opponent pushes it up?

1stfossilholoditto.jpg

or do you think it's too cheap to use in unlimited decks.

Ditto is that forgotten broken card. A DCE makes it a double rainbow, and thus can do any attack off of most basics t1.

He will not shift back into his normal form after KO'ing a Pokemon. Instead, because your opponent must bring out a replacement, Ditto will turn into the replacement Pokemon. That's how I remember that ruling at least.

And yeah, he was totally broken...exactly for the reason Papi/Manny said above.

If you want, i could print out the Ditto rulings from wizards....Its only like 500 pages.

But Alchemist is right. Ditto does NOT revert while there is no basic in play, either from KO, switch, gust, etc.

== TRANSFORM (Ditto - Fossil)

Q. Fossil Ditto vs. EX:Sandstorm Kecleon: would a Ditto with no Basic Energy cards attached be all the types of Basic Energy cards attached to Kecleon as per Kecleon's Poké-BODY?
A. No, Ditto copies the card, not effects on the card. Treat Ditto as if it were a copy of that card in all respects of the actual card, not the "Pokémon". So Ditto would still be colorless until it has Basic Energy cards on it. (Nov 13, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Fossil Ditto vs. EX:Sandstorm Kecleon: per the wording on both Kecleon's Poké-BODY and Ditto's power, if Ditto has a Basic Energy card attached to it, would it be every single type simultaneously?
A. Ditto would use the actual color of the card for its "Energy Variation", not what energy it provides at any given time. You go by the color of the actual card since it designates "type of basic Energy card". (Nov 13, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Q. When Fossil Ditto is KO'd by an -EX Pokémon are two prizes awarded or just one? For example, if I have Fossil Ditto as my active Pokémon and my opponent has Mewtwo-EX as his active Pokémon, when Mewtwo-EX knocks out Ditto does my opponent get two prizes?
A. Yes, Ditto copies the "two-prize" effect from -EX Pokémon (Jan 8, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Questions a ditto copied a pokemon that has 110 hp and got 80hp of damage. It knock out the pokemon and the replacement pokemon only has 70hp. Is ditto now knocked out as it has more damage than copied hp?

Questions a ditto copied a pokemon that has 110 hp and got 80hp of damage. It knock out the pokemon and the replacement pokemon only has 70hp. Is ditto now knocked out as it has more damage than copied hp?
Yes, the ditto would be ko’d, because it is matching everything about the other Pokémon, including HP. Because of that, the ditto would not have enough hp to survive.

Back