BW/BW2 Does Anyone think pokemon is just getting weirder by the day?

Is pokemon becoming weider by the day?

• Yes, Pokemon is becoming weird

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • No, Pokemon was always like this

Votes: 42 79.2%

• Total voters

phoenix11032

Aspiring Trainer
Does anyone here beside me think that pokemon is just getting weirder by the day?

For example, [squirtle]
squirtle.gif

To this, [Mijumaru]
mijumaru.png

New generations just have different styles, some new Pokemon will look weird at first. I've eventually gotten used to everything they have come out with. I personally think Mijumaru is pretty cute! :)

Also this is in the wrong forum. *moved*

no, not really.
i mean, i think they are getting better. for me, the best to worst generations are as follows:
Least favorite: Johto
Next: Sinnoh
Next: Kanto
Next: Isshu
Next: Hoenn
it seems like everyone hates on hoenn, though it was ridiculously fun for me. r/s/e have always been my fav games, so to wrap it up, no.

I personally think it looks better now, if you compare those two! GO MIJUMARU!

If you think they are getting weird, you should leave Pokemon.

But you will get used to the new ones. That is a promise >:]

The weirder the better as far as I'm concerned. Remember the games are called pocket MONSTERS not pocket baby cute animals. Just because alot of them looked like Earth animals in the past dosen't mean they all have to -.-

Tarazuma said:
The weirder the better as far as I'm concerned. Remember the games are called pocket MONSTERS not pocket baby cute animals. Just because alot of them looked like Earth animals in the past dosen't mean they all have to -.-

True dat.

Honestly, looking at Squirtle...man, it's no better than the current Water starter (just a simpler design, which isn't always the best thing). Plus, the games have evolved graphically, so most of them need more detail anyway. The styles have always changed, but it's really always been like this tbh.

dmaster out.

you also goota remember, that they gotta start somewhere to move onto better ones so of course the first starters might look bad

Pokemon is just getting way to cartoony. Just look at Squirtle there- a normal little turtle mouth, a head perfectly sized for its body, ,a shell that's just a shell, no tree or nothing, normal realistic eyes. Then look at Mijumaru- A head bigger than its body, an upside down V for a mouth, etc.
If you are in 1996 playing Pokemon, or watching it or som ething, and then time travel and see Mijumaru or Bidoof, they wouldn't know they had anything to do with Pokemon. I personally hate how Pokémon are starting to look.

they cant use basic designs anymore people will start watch discovery channel
Pokemon is becoming unique
if the situation was reversed from 4 to 1 you WILL complain
about Pokemon getting blander
and dont say people wont because we all know that will
EDIT: its a frown not a v.
EDIT 2: about the time travel remark it happens over a long amount of time
EDIT 3: squirtle's tail is based off a squirrel's.
DO WE REALLY WANT A:
green ekans (Tsuuja)
seel (Mijumaru)
i cant think of a bland pokabu but you get my point

TheAmazingGrass/SteelUser said:
they cant use basic designs anymore people will start watch discovery channel
Pokemon is becoming unique
if the situation was reversed from 4 to 1 you WILL complain
about Pokemon getting blander
and don't say people wont because we all know that will
EDIT: its a frown not a v.
EDIT 2: about the time travel remark it happens over a long amount of time
EDIT 3: squirtle's tail is based off a squirrel's.
DO WE REALLY WANT A:
green ekans (Tsuuja)
seel (Mijumaru)
i cant think of a bland pokabu but you get my point

If you look at its mouth it is an upside down v, and squirtle's tail could POSSIBLY be based on a squirrels, the squir in its name mostly relates to Squirt as in squirt a water gun or something. Good point about the time travel remark, but I'm still probably right, lol.

Back