Help Does Pikarom go first or second?

saminator101902

Aspiring Trainer
I've been maining Pikarom for the Rebel Clash format, and I can't seem to decide if the deck should opt to go first or second.

Here's my 60 cards:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 11

* 1 Eldegoss V RCL 19
* 2 Boltund V RCL 67
* 2 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 2 Pikachu & Zekrom-GX TEU 33
* 1 Raichu & Alolan Raichu-GX UNM 221
* 1 Tapu Koko {*} TEU 51
* 1 Zeraora-GX LOT 86
* 1 Marshadow UNB 81

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 1 Thunder Mountain {*} LOT 191
* 2 Energy Switch ROS 109
* 3 Marnie SSH 169
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 2 Mallow & Lana CEC 198
* 3 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 4 Switch SUM 132
* 3 Boss’s Orders (Giovanni) RCL 154
* 1 Reset Stamp UNM 206
* 1 Big Charm SSH 158
* 1 Air Balloon SSH 156
* 2 Electromagnetic Radar UNB 169
* 1 Guzma & Hala CEC 193
* 1 Great Catcher CEC 192
* 4 Electropower LOT 172
* 2 Tag Call CEC 206

##Energy - 14

* 10 Lightning Energy Energy 4
* 4 Speed Lightning Energy RCL 173

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Heres two lists of pros and cons I came up with of going first or second.

Pros of going first:
-Early attachment
-Can get ahead of decks who rely on early manual attachments like Dragapult
-Have two turns to establish either Tapu Koko Prism or Thunder Mountain (since you get two manual attachments on the first two turns, meaning you only need one of them)

Cons of going first:
-You can brick because of not being able to use a supporter, weakening your board state. (I know there are lots of outs to Dedenne, but it happens more then you would think)
-In the mirror match, your opponent could Turn 1 Full Blitz, putting you in a disadvantage state.)

Pros of going second:
-Potential turn 1 Full Blitz
-Even if you can't turn 1 Full Blitz, you can almost always use Boltund to accelerate energy.
-Much more consistent, as you don't have to rely on getting Dedenne.

Cons of going second:
-Opponent could attach more energy and get set up before you.

So what do you guys think? People seem to be 50/50 on this topic, and I'm looking for an answer!

ADP Big Rat

150/350
Pika goes second.

The reason Pika opts to play 4 Switch and Balloon despite playing Zeraora and 0 Jirachi is because it helps you set up T1 Full Blitz by moving Pika to the bench if you start it and moving Pika active after popping Koko Prism. Pika has the tools to T1 Full Blitz very consistently, and if you whiff, you have the option to accelerate with Boltund to guarantee the T2 Full Blitz.

Even assuming you aren't getting the turn one Full Blitz either way, going second means you get a supporter on your first turn and your opponent doesn't.

kristiparks

Aspiring Trainer
Pika goes second.

The reason Pika opts to play 4 Switch and Balloon despite playing Zeraora and 0 Jirachi is because it helps you set up T1 Full Blitz by moving Pika to the bench if you start it and moving Pika active after popping Koko Prism. Pika has the tools to T1 Full Blitz very consistently, and if you whiff, you have the option to accelerate with Boltund to guarantee the T2 Full Blitz.

Even assuming you aren't getting the turn one Full Blitz either way, going second means you get a supporter on your first turn and your opponent doesn't.
That's good to know! Thank you!