Tournament Double Theme Deck Tournament

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Mora and I just finished our bo3, 2-0 in my favor. Had a great time. this is my first foray into anything organized at all. As far as proof goes, I only screenshot the first game, oops. Need some practice remembering to do so. Will post if needed, but hopefully there wasn't anything to dispute.

Mora

Don't Panic
Mora and I just finished our bo3, 2-0 in my favor. Had a great time. this is my first foray into anything organized at all. As far as proof goes, I only screenshot the first game, oops. Need some practice remembering to do so. Will post if needed, but hopefully there wasn't anything to dispute.
ggs. I was trying to be cheap by picking one of the theme decks I already had, but I didn't account for 10 years of power creep, so my deck is terrible, even by theme deck standards :(

Dravinator

Aspiring Trainer
I just finished a Bo3 with @FourteenAlmonds , and oh boy, is Mach Strike ever inconsistent.

Game 1: Total donk, got killed one by one without taking any prizes.

Game 2: Extremely close game of which I won by a single turn!

Game 3: Killed second turn by an Exeggutor to my Solrock. :(

Good luck in the finals FourteenAlmonds!

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Glad to hear these rounds went okay! Onwards to Round 2 of 3!

PAIRINGS
:

ROUND 2:

@Mora vs. @FourteenAlmonds

@rewster1 vs. @Dravinator

IDEAL ROUND COMPLETION DATE/TIME: Thursday June 25, 1:00pm EST

Best 2 of 3, unless participants agree otherwise. However, Best 2 of 3 is the default assumption. Let me know if you need an extension in the time. Please post here the results of the round, in case we can move on earlier than expected. Good luck to all!

Dravinator

Aspiring Trainer
I just played @rewster1 and won both matches without casualties. You were a great, sportsmanlike opponent, and good luck on the next battle! (looks like Mach Strike isn't as inconsistent as I thought)

I forgot to screenshot the first match, so here is the second match!
https://imgur.com/a/y6gC9fn

(Mill was an interesting choice, you had me worried about decking out, gg)

Last edited:

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
I should have been drawing with solrock, and just forgetting about taking prizes, there's a theoretical 18 card mill there with 2 Acerola and 2 stretcher but I wasn't getting the cards. Also those darn jelly donuts lol.

Mora

Don't Panic
Time zones have made it difficult for us to coordinate, I'm just going to give him the win, if that's okay.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Completely okay! Onwards to the FINAL ROUND!

PAIRINGS:

ROUND 3:

@Mora vs. @Dravinator

@rewster1 vs. @FourteenAlmonds

IDEAL ROUND COMPLETION DATE/TIME: Monday June 29, 11:59pm EST

Best 2 of 3, unless participants agree otherwise. However, Best 2 of 3 is the default assumption. Let me know if you need an extension in the time. Please post here the results of the round, in case we can move on earlier than expected. Good luck to all!

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Yep, GGs (quick donk and then a slower more drawn out... donk). Thanks all for the games, this has been good fun. I hope we can do another or something similar soon.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
No worries take your time. Yes, Almonds technically has the tournament locked up but it's nice to play it out to completion don't ya think? x)

Dravinator

Aspiring Trainer
I fought @Mora today, 2-0 in my favour. GG Mora, you were a good opponent.

(I will post the screenshot for the second game soon, because guess who forgot to screenshot the first one? Ha... ha..... ha.....)

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
And that just about wraps things up!

Congrats to @FourteenAlmonds for going 3-0 and winning the tournament!

EDIT: Runner-up: @Dravinator going 2-1.

Feel free to share your decklist if you'd like, here or in the general Double Theme Deck thread.

I hope you all enjoyed this novel, accessible format and hopefully there can be more events like this one. :)

PS: @bbb888 offered a prize to a winner in the USA/Canada, but Almonds is Australian. Not sure if you folks want to connect anyways haha.

Last edited:

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Dravinator beat me so I was 1-2, but a top 4 finish in my first tournament is fine by me. :)

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Do you have to actually BUY two of the decks or is it enough if the cards are ones that were from the decks you are theoretically combining?
I know what deck I’m combining. ;)