TCG Fakes Edwin's Fake Thread (Image Based)

Edwin Santander

Aspiring Trainer
bBCbx7K.jpg
pHaqg8Z.jpg
Thanks to everyone who contributed with the art (I already thanked them on my deviantart)
Thanks to nintendo and gamefreak for the art and pokémons itself
Thanks to deviantart community (POKEMON CARD RESOURCE) for the inspiration to make my own cards and the help with his templates which led me to create my own templates..
Thanks to everyone who leave me a comment letting me know that they like my cards
Sorry for the bad english too :'v

hope you like it!

Last edited:

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
Beautiful cards, mate!

On Silvally, isn't the point of Colorless Energy that you can use any type? I like what you were going for, but I'm pretty sure you could just use Colorless Energy for the attacks and it would mean the same thing. The wording doesn't sound correct, but I don't know the newer cards very well, so I could be mistaken. I'd look at something similar to Kecleon from Plasma Freeze.

Since attacks deal damage based on the Pokémon's type (and not the attack itself), Multi Attack doesn't really need the description, since you intended for Silvally's type to change as well.

Also, be sure to always capitalize Pokémon (it's lowercase in RKS System).

One thing to keep in mind, though, is not to cover up the Illustrator credit. Seems you did so (pretty blatantly) on quite a few of them -- proper crediting is a must.

Last edited:

Edwin Santander

Aspiring Trainer
Beautiful cards, mate!

On Silvally, isn't the point of Colorless Energy that you can use any type? I like what you were going for, but I'm pretty sure you could just use Colorless Energy for the attacks and it would mean the same thing. Also, the wording doesn't sound correct, but I don't know the newer cards very well, so I could be mistaken. Be sure to always capitalize Pokémon (it's lowercase in RKS System).

One thing to keep in mind, though, is not to cover up the Illustrator credit. Seems you did so on quite a few of them -- proper crediting is a must.
jejeje thanks for your thoughts, im not really making cards 100% indentical cards from the pokemon tcg, im working every day to get better and better, i will try to make a better work for the next time :)

wonderful_whismur

The most wonderful whismur in the world
Such nice cards! You should definitely join the Create a Card Contest next month. I think you have a good chance to win.

Edwin Santander

Aspiring Trainer
Such nice cards! You should definitely join the Create a Card Contest next month. I think you have a good chance to win.
thanks! that would be nice, maybe i will try to make a text based first, because i can make a more polished work but i dont play the game that's why i dont know how to make a text based pokémon (silvally was made with bulbapedia text :'v), anyway i will try to enter :)

Edwin Santander

Aspiring Trainer
updating my thread, adding and arranging my cards and creating categories

here is a master ball and steel energy
master_ball__by_edwinsantander59-dbbdjej.png
steel_by_edwinsantander59-dbbae55.png

hope you like it!

EDIT: updating with my Absol GX:
absol_golden_rare_by_edwinsantander59-dbbfmyr.png

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
These are looking very pretty, Edwin! I think you've done a great job at adding the holosheets and making them look most flashy, perhaps even too flashy my taste! :p

Just so you know, when you post new cards here, it's best to post them as images directly rather than posting a link to the image. I've fixed up the links above for you already. Also, I've removed the links to your DeviantArt profile from your OP post, since if you'd like to advertise your profile, you should use your signature! ^.^

Reggie McGigas

-
Just gotta say you do a really good job on these. Could we maybe see one of the Regis in the future? Also, could you link me the holosheets you used for the rainbow effect?

Edwin Santander

Aspiring Trainer
These are looking very pretty, Edwin! I think you've done a great job at adding the holosheets and making them look most flashy, perhaps even too flashy my taste! :p

Just so you know, when you post new cards here, it's best to post them as images directly rather than posting a link to the image. I've fixed up the links above for you already. Also, I've removed the links to your DeviantArt profile from your OP post, since if you'd like to advertise your profile, you should use your signature! ^.^

Oh sorry, and thanks for make my work xD, im new on the forum and i only see the rules that you see on the top of the page, have a happy day my friend :)

Edwin Santander

Aspiring Trainer
Just gotta say you do a really good job on these. Could we maybe see one of the Regis in the future? Also, could you link me the holosheets you used for the rainbow effect?
yeah man, the next card GX FA will be a regi (in this moment i working on S/M RA card), and thanks for your comments, very appreciated!

Edwin Santander

Aspiring Trainer
update with RA cards! Second try here is:

pokemon_ra_by_edwinsantander59-dbbmpkq.png

Edit: Updating with 2 new energys ;)
physichic_by_edwinsantander59-dbb80ir.png
leaf_energy_by_edwinsantander59-dbbnr2z.png

Last edited:

Reggie McGigas

-
Nice Regigigas! A few things, though

For Regigigas, move the ability and first attack downwards to make the spacing nicer and to make Regigigas visable.

Slow Start should say, "This Pokemon gains 10 HP and its attacks do 10 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokemon for each turn this Pokemon is in play" or something like that.

Also, outline your energies

Plus you have "name of the artist" where artist should be :p

Other than that beautiful cards! What program are you using?

Yog

Rogue
I said it over in the C-A-C thread, but these are bloody gorgeous. As someone who is looking to play around with shimmer & shine effects like you have going on here, I'd love to see a tutorial.

That Tsareena is amazing. I have been afraid to make non-FA cards because they tend to look meh but I think I'll have to try that effect.

Edwin Santander

Aspiring Trainer
Jeje, thanks man, i will try to release an tutorial o mini-guide.. and yes, im too, previously, in fact, my first RA card was horrible, but i try again with the oficial artwork and the cards looks better now!

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
Still looking pretty good, but I'd love to see more cards with attacks/artwork that aren't copy/pasted from official cards.

Reggie McGigas

-
Still looking pretty good, but I'd love to see more cards with attacks/artwork that aren't copy/pasted from official cards.

I think he said earlier that English isn't his first language. Edwin, would you like us to provide you with text/ideas for your cards? Also I agree with you about the artwork. I know deviantart has some good artworks if you sort by most popular all time - just make sure to give credit to the artist.

Edwin Santander

Aspiring Trainer
thank you, but i think that i will not make RA cards anymore with official art because in deviantart group they are banned, maybe i will continue to do them as commissions for people who want oricas, and want them in high definition. Thanks for your help! If anyone want to make a collab card let me know! :)

Last edited: