• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Eeveelutions and Friends: Hitting for Weakness

DeDeNNe

Di-Denki Nitro Neon, or De2NNe. Very Lethal
So guys, I absolutely love the concept of TCG weakness and resistance, except it's not always game changing, and it pretty hard to even get the right matchup. So I have made this decklist, trying to tackle weaknesses, keeping in mind the major threats in the current meta.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 20

* 4 Eevee AOR 63
* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Flareon AOR 13
* 1 Yanmega BREAK STS 8
* 2 Yanma STS 6
* 2 Yanmega STS 7
* 1 Jolteon AOR 26
* 3 Golett AOR 34
* 3 Golurk AOR 35
* 2 Vaporeon AOR 22

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 2 Bursting Balloon BKP 97
* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 1 Lysandre AOR 78
* 1 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 2 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 3 Judge UL 78
* 2 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 1 Skyla BKT 148
* 2 N FAC 105
* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134
* 1 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94
* 2 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 7

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FAC 114
* 2 Rainbow Energy BKT 152

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

So, that quite it.
Strategy- So basically this deck is meant to tackle every weaknesses in the meta
- Golurk for M-Mewtwo
- Jolteon (and ability) for Yveltal EX, M-Rayquaza EX and Gyarados (AOR)
- Vaporeon for Volcanion, and Flareon EX
- Flareon for M-Scizor EX and some grass toolbox along some yanmega here and there
- Yanmega for some water toolbox, and Greninja if its still alive

Additions- Now, the only weakness I seem to be lacking is for rainbow road with steel, and perhaps some dark toolbox and stuff.
- I thought of including Bisharp (STS) for covering the steal weakness and some ghosts here and there.
- I am unable to think of any stadium cards as well.

I hope you liked this deck idea, and hope you guys give me some feedback

For stadiums you can always go with Faded Town to make Mega's take 20 damage each turn, or silent lab to shut down Hoopas and Shaymins, after you've played yours of course. It can be important to have something to counter a stadium, depending on the matchup. Delinquent may even help as a 1 of.

For Darkrai EX, I think Golurk is suffecient, also, even I was thinking for a counter to giratina, but idk. Probably some fairy coverage like the dual type azumarill of maybe gardevoir EX (STS)

I had considered making a similar deck, but it felt overly clunky in testing? How has it played for you?

This deck is working pretty nice (in ptcgo). However I think this deck's viability is very much based on the matchups

Back