• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

electrode prime/ torterra (torterrode)

is this deck viable for the hgss on format?

• it seems like a good idea. keep at it.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • totally bad, too slow, snipers beat it.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • it could use tweaks, i will help.

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

Black Belt Rene

Aspiring Trainer

2-1-2 torterra UNLEASED?
4-4 electrode prime TR
1-1 metapod hgss

trainers/supporters

3 dual ball
4 twins
4 black belt
4 pokemon communication
2 pokemon collector
4 professor oaks new theorey
4 rare candy
4 potion

4 double colorless energy
13 grass energy

Strategy: set up electrode prime and reuniclus as fast as possible, then use electrodes energy mite to ko itself and attatch energies to torterra to attack faster, like turn 2. when electrode kills itself it makes you able to attatch energy to torterra and use giga drain for 80 and heal 80 with black belt or use twins to look for 2 black belts or another electrode etc. Reuniclus moves damage to electrode before it uses energy mite. rescue energy brings electrode back to your hand.

with black belt it would do 80 and heal 80.

not to mention its getting set up turn 2 or 3

its black belt not expert belt.

Oh I'm sorry, misread it. It's a nice combo, softening the blow of Electrode KO'ing himself, but your Torterra would come out at full HP and healing 80 damage seems a bit excessive.

Looks like a good stradegy but a few tweeks i think are still needed.

+1-1-1 Torterra (Do you really think you can get a single torterra with that skinny of a line?
-1-1 Electrode prime (I do not think 4 are needed especially with rescue
-1 Juniper (discarding the extra with energy mite means you really do not want any more uneeded discards and just run pont.
+1 Professor oaks new theory (self explanitory.
-1 rescue (do not need quite as many.

Other than a few tweeks this deck list looks good and fun! Good Luck and i would test multiple things out.

if ur looking to get out torterra asap i would do maby a 4-3-4 line and -1-1 electrode line because hes just used for around the begining and if u k0 urself 4 times then ur giving ur oponent 4 prizes and no wants to do that =P also (personal prefferance) with grass decks i like to do a 2-2 sunflora line because its 2 free grass pokemon a turn without using a supporter, and i know ur not gana like this but maby -1-1 metapod because with pokemon catcher comming out its just gana be a free prize to ur opponent (i know it sucks because 1 of my decks is a grass deck) and also +2 or 3 proffesor elms-- i hoped i helped and i wish u the best of luck with ur deck- PeAcE!!!

Rescue Energy doesn't work with Energymite : Rescue Energy only works with damages from an attack :

90-rescue-energy.jpg

EDIT : Otherwise, this is how I would make the Deck :

21 Pokémon :

3-2-3 Torterra UL
3-3 electrode prime TR
2-1-2 reuniclus bw
1-1 metapod hgss

23 T/S/S :

4 twins
4 black belt
4 pokemon communication
4 pokemon collector
2 professor oaks new theory
1 professor juniper
4 rare candy

16 Energies :
4 rescue energy
3 double colorless energy
9 grass energy

4 electrode prime is waaay too many. maybe a 3-3 for consistency, drop 1 dual ball and 2 PONT. at most use 3 twins. and drop 1 grass energy.

so that's 7 spaces, add a 2-1-2 Torterra making it 4-2-4 (since it's your attacker) and add in 2 Cleffa.

1-1 Metapod?Probably should make that 2-2. This deck is any reshiram/fire types dessert. First off, they catcher around you (any deck really). They would kill metapod or voltorb or turtwigs. Then you attack them, then reshi would knock you out with outrage. Problem? yes because now you must set up another torterra. Add another Torterra line, like 3-2-3 or 4-2-4 i guess, and take out an electrode line. If you really want to, you could add sunflora and vileplume, to take out your opponent's catcher and candies and other pesky trainers, while sunflora allows you to search each turn for another grass pokemon. If you put those two in, add a pichu or 2 to get the basics out turn 1. Otherwise without the deck ideas above, take out a 1-1 electrode line, 1 Dual ball, at least 2 Black belts,and potions.you could play meganium prime to move energies around, away from torterra, use maxpotion, then return the energies to torterra. Anyways, Put in another Metapod line, and another torterra line. take a pont out for a baby such as cleffa or pichu, and put in a sunflora 2-2 line or Vileplume line 2-1-2 for potions. You'll need more basics/pokemon to communication for other pokemon. I don't know how well this deck will do, but it may be an interesting deck in this format.

Back