Eliminating card sets from modified

Tomokazu Komiya

He's cool. Sorta.
Hasn't anyone noticed that card sets are eliminated from the modified format not because they're old, but because they look different? The modified format for Worlds '05 eliminated Expedition, Aquapolis, and Skyridge and added FR/LG, TRR, DX, and EM. Now, if they eliminated a set each time a new one came out, then Ruby and Sapphire would be history. But it wasn't! Now, R/S, SS, DG, and TM/TA have gotten the boot and UF, DS, LM, and HP have moved in. (possibly Miracle Crystal, too, by the end of the year.) The sets are eliminated in waves. First, the E-Reader games, then E-Reader altogether. However, now all the sets look alike... except for Hidden Legends and Fire Red/Leaf Green. The reverse holo cards feature designs under the attack text in place of a set stamp on the illustration, and do not contain shining Pokemon. If we follow the "Get rid of sets that look different" rule, these sets will be the only ones to go. But will they? From 2004 to 2005, 4 sets were added and 3 eliminated... not 4. What will happen for the modified set this year? There is buzz about TRR and DX going. Will they? Since they're so old, maybe, but Hidden Legends has been in play for 3 years now. So please, ponder this and realize there is a pattern to the way cards come and go.

Ya it does sound weird and I wish they would leave them in longer too.:) I am not a TCG player but what I have heard should not happen so quickly.:)

lookie at this pattern!

04- EXP to HL
05- RS- EM
06- HL- HP

See, for the start of the set of each year is the END of the set 2 years ago. Simple, huh?

Back