Elite Trainer Box Promos Now Packaged with Card Dividers

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Starting with Stellar Crown, the promos and code cards in an Elite Trainer Box will be packaged with the box’s card dividers in a single shrink wrap package. Presumably this is to better protect the promos from bending.
This means if you have the Pokemon Center ETB, you’ll get the stamped promo on top, followed by the regular promo, followed by the code card, and then the four card dividers.

Noctowl-Pokemon-Center-Promo-ETB-189x300.jpg

Noctowl-Pokemon-Center-Promo-ETB-Back-188x300.jpg

Previously, the promos were shrink-wrapped separately and all the dividers were simply placed inside the box. This also keeps all the items more organized and reduces the plastic in the Pokemon Center version.
The cons of this are it may be...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Do we know if the sleeves in the Stellar Crown ETB are similar to the Shrouded Fable ones? They were the best ETB sleeves we've had since like... 2015. Not like they're the pinnacle of quality, but they actually fit inside of binder pages which is refreshing.

Do we know if the sleeves in the Stellar Crown ETB are similar to the Shrouded Fable ones? They were the best ETB sleeves we've had since like... 2015. Not like they're the pinnacle of quality, but they actually fit inside of binder pages which is refreshing.
What were they like? Were the fronts glossy? The matte texture on the front side is my least favourite bit about current Eth sleeves since it makes the cards look weird

Yea can confirm they are clear again. Hopefully they continue with this trend

As someone who has gotten regular ETBs with 2 promos from target instead of one this bums me out - but I always wondered why they didn’t just seal them to the front of the “energy brick” like Build and battle decks / trainer toolkits etc

Hopefully they should restock the ETBs right? They restocked the ones for Shrouded Fable after it came out so maybe?

I still use the Plasma Blast ETB sleeves on my Mew Vmax. A decade later they are still holding up.

I'd have to see for myself but I'm really glad there's been a supposed improvement to ETB sleeves. SM and the first year of SwSh ETB sleeves feel alright, but the edges are rough, they can start to cut up your skin after a few games just from shuffling your deck. ETB sleeves from Battle Styles-on just feel dreadful on both sides, the front made the cards look foggy and over time they bend the cards like crazy

The sleeves finally look good, you can see the holographic design on your cards again like with the xy/sm sleeves, but they're SO tight. It's a pain in the ass to get cards in and out of them :/

Yea can confirm they are clear again. Hopefully they continue with this trend
Words cannot describe how happy I was when I found out that the sleeves in Shoudd Fable were glossy not matte! Vivid Voltage was the last time they were glossy which is INSANE I hope we never go back to matte finished

Back